Pre cooked meals

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Side pipes, Mar 17, 2023.

1. silent_philosophy

silent_philosophy Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2023
    I eat a lot of raw veggies.

Cooked (processed) foods tend to have higher sodium and fewer nutrients. If you need to set limits on what you eat, they may be beneficial, but less nutrition is the compromise.

Cabbage, celery, carrots, peppers are always in my mini fridge. I couldnt maintain a quality diet without refrigeration--and affordable. Truck stop food is ghastly and leads to the 50+% obesity among truck drivers. Bad news.

Whole grain bread, bananas, apples, natural protein drinks (NO SUCRALOSE OR OTHER NO-SUGAR CANCER CHEMS).

Sucralose is a NAZI sugar, chlorinated sucrose to amplify sweetness. NEVER. Side effects include inflammation.

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    No precooked meals for me. I cook all my meals, which means I pretty much only eat once a day.

I also try to keep it healthy, using lots of venison, chicken, onions, peppers, and brown rice. 20 minutes and I can have a good healthy meal, with no processsed foods.

4. Side pipes

Side pipes Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2022
    Ireland
    Looks like a vegan wrap

5. Side pipes

Nov 27, 2022
    Ireland
    Good choice of ingredients but you eat cabbage raw uncooked

6. silent_philosophy

Mar 25, 2023
    With cheese!

I get a cheeseburger every week or two. I keep whole milk in my frudge most of the time, too.

But I do eat a lot like a vegetarian.

Side pipes Thanks this.
  7. silent_philosophy

Mar 25, 2023
    Vitamin A, C, K!

Raw cabbage is great.

Saurkraut was the key to Captain Cook's expedition with NO SCURVY!

Side pipes Thanks this.
  8. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    There’s several outfits now that prepare gourmet or home-cooked meals, often very healthy choice oriented, they ship frozen overnight directly to your door and they come in freezer ready packages. So you can freeze them and take them on your truck. I’ve tried a few of these different companies that offer this and I must say the food is pretty good. At least the ones I’ve tried so far. However, running between $6-$9 a meal, It adds up quick. When I try and do is have my own breakfast that I cook and snacks and my lunch or whatever and then use one of these ready to eat gourmet meals for my dinner. Still cheaper to cook yourself if you know how to do that though.

silent_philosophy Thanks this.
  9. Side pipes

Nov 27, 2022
    Ireland
    Definitely cheaper to cook you’re own meals but also these pre cooked meals are very convenient

10. silent_philosophy

Mar 25, 2023
    Bananas, apples, raisens, prunes, whole cashews, whole grain bread, whole grain crackers, organic OWYN protein shakes. These are staples throughout the day. I eat pru es as a dinner dessert though after my spicy cabbage cheese tacos. Currently adding radish and jalapeño and Luchito salsa macha to the tacos.

All veggies day to day are raw for maximum nutrition (cooking reduces vitamins) and minimal time prep.

I'll eat a few crackers or slices of bread with either a banana or apple and cashews.

Eating 2 -3 mini meals while driving so I just stop for work events like fuel, loading, unloading.

Attached Files:

Side pipes Thanks this.
  11. Side pipes

Nov 27, 2022
    Ireland
    Y
    that’s some type of pickling raw vegetables common in Germany goes nice with Beer and the fine German sausage with lots of mustard

silent_philosophy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.