Pre-trip Fail

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by jahtrucker, Jul 3, 2018.

1. jahtrucker

jahtrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2018
    I have crap luck...I am currently in the process of obtaining my CDL. Wasted 4 1/2 weeks at a "free cdl training program" then had to fork over a pretty penny to a third party company to rent their truck to take my road test on. Took two weeks to get scheduled in at the DPS. I failed the pre-trip portion of the test (I received the whole truck). Now I have to reschedule for the exam which is another three weeks away. Any fellow Texas truckers who know where or how I can utilize a third party examiner to take the test? I don't know any other third party examiners outside of cdl schools. Open to all suggestions...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Where are you in Texas?
    You still have the cdl permit, so hire on with a company that hires drivers with only the permit.
    You'll be able to finish the process while driving and earning a paycheck at the same time.

Jazz1 and Just passing by Thank this.
  4. jahtrucker

jahtrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2018
    I am in in the DFW area. That is what i am looking at doing. I would just hate to get locked into a contract since I have heard most of those places will do that.

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Contracts aren't a bad thing in most cases. Companies don't want to spend money training someone, then they bail out after training is completed.
    Labatt Food Service in Dallas/Ft. Worth hires drivers with only a CDL Permit.
    [​IMG]

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    McLane Food Service and Sygma Network also hire drivers with a cdl permit.
    [​IMG] upload_2018-7-4_9-8-17.jpeg

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.