Premium 2000 plus warranty

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by WallyGator, Sep 14, 2009.

1. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I thought they did not cover after treatment or emissions related repairs!!!...good to hear, they now do!!...

Good luck!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ReeferOhio

ReeferOhio Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    they have for awhile, its an extra charge.

RERM Thanks this.
  4. Knighthawk Logistics

Knighthawk Logistics Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2017
    I think the warranty is actually pretty good as long as the shop follows the instructions you should have no problems. Just have to pay the $100 deductible. And be sure to know what level of the warranty you have so you know what your coverage is. I had an egr valve and actuator replaced $2600 only paid $100.

5. RollinThunderVet

RollinThunderVet Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Got it on my truck, was worried too. Turbo shaft disintegrated. Spent a month in the shop but i walked away paying 480$. Premium 2000 paid out almost 14k $.... double what i paid for the warranty

BIGGEST issue with non coverage is not keeping up with your PM. Alsi only covers hardparts, not gaskets and such.

6. HaulinCars

HaulinCars Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Central Florida
    When you say does not cover gaskets... Do you mean that if you have a leaking gasket it's not covered but in your case where other stuff was the issue they paid for whatever gaskets and so forth were needed, or was that $480 you paid to cover those gaskets and other "soft" parts?

What exactly was the $480 for?

And... THANKS for the report!

7. superTrucker77

superTrucker77 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2017
    Some good.feed comes from people that have their only post on here makes me think that they work for premium 2000 I've spoken to so.e people at different dealer shopes that don't sell the warranty, all of them said you'll be better of saving the money and pay when you have to, and all of them had to deal with the guys, almost imperceptible to make them pay for anything

8. RollinThunderVet

Mar 19, 2014
    I have a hard time listening to anyone who chose their username as "super trucker" so....FO
    The fact that you can't form simple sentences says you should limit you remaining brain cells on driving.

9. RollinThunderVet

Mar 19, 2014
    Heres the breakdown. They cover hard parts like exhaust manifold, but not a leaking manifold gasket. However once they pull it off and verify the manifold is defective, they would pay for a new gasket for reinstallation.
    They pay a flat rate on labor (iirc 110). Most dealers are around 125 to 145. So you pay the extra.
    You have to provide proof of correct PM and the dealers have to tear down and send pics of faulty components.
    This isnt a manufacturer warranty, its not a car warranty. Its not meant to substitute an idiot destroying a good truck or a fail safe for not inspecting it beforehand.
    The 480 i paid was the difference in labor and some soft parts

10. bluerider

bluerider Light Load Member

May 16, 2012
    Washington, DC
    I used to sell cars. Extended warranties are good for the salesman. Are they good for the customer? Who cares.

11. steve092

steve092 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I have no first hand experience with warranties but my buddy bought a 2011 Volvo and after 3 weeks his camshaft and head was toast! The truck sat in the shop for 1 month and "True North" the warranty company covered him with close to 18k$...... he has a remaining lean with the shop for $5000....

As for me I'm buying a 2013 pete 386 this week and looking at Prem2000.... I believe if you keep your truck maintained the warranty company will respect that and help you out..... but if you are constantly late with all of the maintenance, I wouldn't cover you if I had my own warranty company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.