Premium 2000 plus warranty

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by WallyGator, Sep 14, 2009.

1. SCTB0825

SCTB0825 Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2017
    I purchased a Semi that came with the best Premium 2000 had to offer.
    I replaced a water pump out of pocket, (covered by Premium2000) I paid out of pocket full cost.
    The EGR cooler was leaking and had to be replaced. The leak also caused the turbo to freeze up.
    Because the EGR caused the damage to the Turbo the did not pay for the Turbo or any costs associated with its replacement. The result was $5049.00 out of pocket for a repair that is expressly stated as a covered repair.
    This sounds like double talk to get out of their obligations. Premium 2000 is a rip off company.

RERM Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RollinThunderVet

RollinThunderVet Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    I'm not buying this....
    You said you had to pay for a turbo because the EGR was leaking. Well turbo alone is 5k, without labor. Its not adding up. How long was the egr leaking?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    A reman turbo from kw for 05 isx was $4000. At that time. About 6 years ago. A local dude rebuilt turbo for $1500. Have no idea on new turbo price.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  5. SCTB0825

SCTB0825 Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2017
    The total bill was $12K. There excuse for only paying for the EGR cooler repair and replacement was that the EGR cooler caused the turbo to freeze up so they paid 6900 and I had to eat the rest.

6. Classy8

Classy8 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Premium2000 has paid for engine overhauls, transmissions, turbos, head replacements, aftertreatment exhaust systems at my shop on I-75 in middle Ga. Nobody likes hearing the cause of their issue isn't covered by the warranty - but in every case its right there in black and white. Clutches are NOT covered, gaskets, seals, oil leaks, NOT covered. If you don't have the warranty, NOTHING is covered.

7. adgray40

adgray40 Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Premium 2000+ is a ripoff! They don't cover gasjets or seals ok cool, but if either fail which they eventually will. Kiss yout account GoodBye causr damaged cause by that wont be covered under warranty. So please dont but tgis POS company. Who has clearly found a loophole to further rob O/O who want to be covered to insure a profitable future in the industry .

rickyrsd Thanks this.
  8. Brickwall

Brickwall Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2018
    I have premium2000. Within 2 weeks of being out on the road my ARE head went out. Had no problems getting it fixes. 4.6k, saved my ###. It does kind of depend on the shops ability to word things properly so that it gets fixed. But if your shop foreman has dealt with the companies before, they can get it taken care of. That program is the only reason I'm still in business.

9. RollinThunderVet

RollinThunderVet Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    I get the frustration. But it clearly states gaskets aren't covered. If you blow a gasket, and keep driving and ruin a covered part, that's on you.
    Illegible gibberish doesn't help your case either.

Brickwall Thanks this.
  10. bally64

bally64 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Hello Everybody,
    I am new here but I am going to write a few words.I bought Cascadia 2015 with 540k miles in January 2018.With this truck,I also bought Premium 2000 warranty (value pack)for USD 4600 that basically covers everything major from engine to transmission,Aftertreatment and differentials.It was the best decision I had taken in my trucking life(lol of 4 years total).After 4 weeks from buying the truck ,water pump fails $5600 job at Freightliner dealership,All payed by the warranty.After 6 months at 612000 miles ,my engine siezes.Dang,Took it to dealership,they said $52000 for a reman engine including labour.I towed it to local licensed mechanic ,He said he would fix it in half the price with 1 year warranty.Anyways,I thought I should try my luck with the warranty,guess what I got approved for an overhaul of my engine.I had all my service records (they are picky).All oil changes every 20k miles.So I am waiting to get my truck back from the shop.So I have good experience with premium.No,I am not a payed agent of this company.I am a hard-working driver like you .Any questions PM please.God bless you all on the road.

Skwhirl Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.