PrePass user DOT inspections

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by AM77, Apr 19, 2012.

1. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I got mine the other week in MS.

Wasn't expecting them where they were. They generally set up portables on the wrong side of the exit to get me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tomkatrose

tomkatrose Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    We have PrePass, didn't hear anything about a notice and had one truck get a level 1 on the 18th. Hmmmm

4. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    the super coup on 65 at mm 5 is open in TN. at the 48 mm rest area. they are open quite a bit for inspections. in my area. n. AL & s. tn. they work wall to wall on friday. an example is 10 d.o.t.'s within 15 miles all on the shoulder waiting for 10 trucks. this is true. seen it myself, & that was just in AL from the 354 mm to the 361 mm. not counting Tn. Every friday you have to go thru a gauntlet around here.

5. last 1

last 1 Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2009
    I guess they are trying to catch the super truckers heading to the house for the weekend:biggrin_25524:

6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    That's been my experience with fridays in those same areas for years. Really got to have everything in order if you're riding around those parts especially on fridays and really any other day of the week as well...

7. big red money pit

big red money pit Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2011
    nashville, tn
    hit similar case in lebanon indiana on 65. state troopers seem to have a hit list. the company i was leased to at the time was dropped from satisfactory saftey and suspended thier pre-pass

8. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Tennessee was on it today, east bound I-40.

MM 252 in the "scale". Open for business with about 5 patrol cars, and a bunch of trucks.

East bound Brownsville, looked a bit busier than normal. Hard to tell with this bunch though.

9. Scuby

Scuby Heavy Load Member

Mar 10, 2007
    AM77 a lot of it depends on the company's safety rating. Also while there aren't any "offical" quotas for State DOT Bears to do inspections I would imagine their bosses want to see a certain amount of inspections on each Bear's report. Training and boredom comes into play as well. Heck there have been times when I wished I get pulled. I have two reasons for this. The first and most common is I have make a pitstop and there isn't a rest area for another 20-30 miles. The second is I sometimes get bored after driving for 4-5 hours.

10. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I got green lighted all week, unfortunately I was pulling an OS load and had to go into all the scales anyways. This trip back I really need the green light badly but I probably won't get it.

11. 2bit

2bit Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Medford,WI
    Now is a good time to start planning that vacation for the 1st full week in June.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.