Prepass vs Drivewyze?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Miki3349, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Miki3349

Miki3349 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2018
    I'm planning on getting one of them but I'm little confused with one should I get. If you have Any idea, issue, suggestions please help. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hagarcobra

hagarcobra Medium Load Member

May 24, 2013
    My company went to DriveWise from prepass couple years ago. It works through your Qualcomm. Every bit as good as PrePass and supposed to be much cheaper. More sites are added all the time. I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Vitkouski and Miki3349 Thank this.
  4. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    We had Drivewyze and went back to Prepass because we found a lot of weigh stations that were not Drivewyze.

Vitkouski, D.Tibbitt and Miki3349 Thank this.
  5. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    I like drivewyze better for a couple of reasons. One is drivewyze works in South Dakota. Prepass dont. Another is drivewyze also works at those "pull off random portable scale" places. Last, it gives you an audio and visual warning of every scale, even if it isnt authorized to allow you to bypass. It'll flash "non drivewyze inspection site" ahead. Kind of handy. I like it.

6. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    If you get both, is it possible to get mixed signals from a scale system? Hide the one unit when they chase you down and say Hey man I have a green, see??

AlexanderK Thanks this.
  7. Kikoh

Kikoh Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2018
    The company I work for uses prepass and drivewyze on all the trucks. I drive mostly in California and every single scale I pass drivewyze says follow transponder/ road signs. This week I drove to Nevada & Idaho and that was the only time Drivewyze has given me a green light, on those scales with no prepass. Drivewyze can be installed on smartphones.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. zmster2033

zmster2033 Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    If you get a prepass, at least the Prepass Plus device, be ready for an 8 week waiting period to receive the device. Requested mine in early July and just got it yesterday.

Vitkouski Thanks this.
  9. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    I had both for awhile... 90% of the time drivewise said to Stop unless closed... But the pre pass 99% of the time gave me the green. In the last 5 months I have only gotten 6 red lights on my pre pass... And I run 3500 to 4000 miles a week.

Sooooooo I prefer the pre pass. And my pre pass works with all toll plazas so I don't have to carry cash or stop to pay the toll.

Vitkouski Thanks this.
  10. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    do you get green light at cali scales ?

11. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I went to Cali last year with my 2000 truck (99 engine) on paper log books. Got green light everywhere and avoided all the hassle :D

mhyn Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.