Prescribed Medication

Discussion in 'Prime' started by 212Degrees, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    Ask your recruiter.

I'm on Celexa as an antidepressant and Imitrix as a migraine medicine. I told my recruiter, all that was required were my doctors to send information to the DOT doctor stating that I could drive a truck while on them.

I will say, it's a lot less of a pain in the ### if you can get this out of the way prior to spingfield.

Saphire and MissAlyssa07 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    If it's any consolation, they don't test for antidepressants. Only narcotics and illegal drugs. But get in a wreck, they will find out. If it's a temporary thing, just keep quiet.

4. MissAlyssa07

MissAlyssa07 Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Toledo, OH
    oh ok i take the generic version of imitrix also.

5. MissAlyssa07

MissAlyssa07 Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Toledo, OH
    no its not temporary...i was thrown from my horse a few years ago and injured my back, thats what triggered my migraines. and depression can always be a permanent thing

6. ORLANDODRVR

ORLANDODRVR Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2020
    There are actually few limitations on prescribed drugs as long as your doctor confirms that it will not affect your ability to operate a CMV AND the doc that performs your health exam must agree with your private doctor.

There are, however, some categories of prescriptions that are automatically disqualifying, and those include ANY drug that treats or has side effects of/for seizures.

So a couple of the drugs that are mentioned above are absolute disqualifers

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.