Preserving Your Body

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by ryan5464, Aug 3, 2014.

1. POINTDEXTER

POINTDEXTER Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    It's probably been mentioned. Cut down on your gut if you have one it pulls on your lower spine. Google good sleeping positions to not aggravate your back. Back exercises and heat help. They have a supplement call glucosamine chondroitin that's good for your joints may help your knees. Wear good supportive shoes to take shock off your back. Start applying to good companies now, it's all about timing. If there's a need there's a good company hiring. Be proactive any constantly job search some decent companies may have less requirements. .

ryan5464 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Prolaznik

Prolaznik Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    SD
    Only 24 years of age?,, and having back problems ,, man man start looking for a different job lol.
    I do food deliveries too, i am to be 31 in a few months so far so good no pain lol but i do workout 4 days a week bodybuilding. Someone mentioned a lifting belt try it, it should help.

ryan5464 Thanks this.
  4. Krashdragon

Krashdragon Medium Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Cleburne, Tx
    If not totally vegan, then cut back on meat and animal products. So said my son who actually did research at the local medical library.... ( hearing him who always knew EVERYTHING say he did research was a total shock! )
    He went from 300 lbs to about 195. Also running and lifting weights.
    Will eat fish and meat occasionally. Says he feels really good.
    Also heed the suggestions about lifting with your legs and wearing a belt and the other suggestions... all good.
    Biggest thing you can do right now is slow down a bit and stop trying to be Superman.

To quote my old biker friends... "If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself." You are the only one that can take care of you. NO freight is worth your health.
    Take care
    Mary

ryan5464 and already gone Thank this.
  5. ryan5464

ryan5464 Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Conway, AR
    This is all good stuff guys but I didn't mention that I'm into bodybuilding. I hit the gym 4-5 days a week. I've studied different diets and the one I lean towards is paleo. The caveman diet. I'm very surprised to hear how many of you support a vegan diet lol. I have a weight lifting belt. Never thought of wearing it at work. I'll proly try it. I think a dolly with brakes would help immensely but I just looked them up and I can't afford one right now with the new house payment and I can promise my company won't get me one. But as far as being in shape and eating healthy I already do all that. Before summer started I was down to 6% body fat. I've added some fat through the season just because I needed extra calories with all of that extra work but still nowhere near having a gut lol.

6. Prolaznik

Prolaznik Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    SD
    Maybe it's time to go see a doctor.

7. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Workout your core and strengthen the muscles around your back meaning abs and lower back muscles.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Watch the veterans and pick up some techniques, Every ones body is different.
    I pitty you smaller framed mr. muscle beach 2014 folks. Their is just some things lugging around requires Body weight / leverage / technique/ tools. You smaller folks definitely put your body to the extreme. Back brace is a great start.

PS: assuming OP is under 6' and under 200 pounds. Probably wrong

Ryan, report back to us. Curious to know if anything helps. Could help all of us.

9. lagbrosdetmi

lagbrosdetmi Box Monkey

Jul 1, 2014
    Detroit
    Handbrakes are for chumps. 2 to 3 pounds of handbrake hardware multiplied by how many trips up and down a ramp times days times weeks etc... Lots of extra weight carried around when you could just drag the wheel along the edge of ramp to regulate your speed.

Lol @ handbrakes

Shaggy Thanks this.
  10. Kahuna1

Kahuna1 Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Pick up a yoga class or two during the week. Take your GF or wife or both! Helps to strengthen core and the view ain't bad either! With Paleo make sure you focus on lean meats and good oils. Good luck

11. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    I recommend formaldehyde to preserve your body, or any body you need to preserve. Don't smoke it though. That's too crazy of a trip, man. Wait what were we talking about . . I need my 36 hr reset. Must. Sleep. Soon.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.