1. Shaggy76

Shaggy76 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Any of you check out the Preteckt device from Preteckt? If not, you owner operators should check it out! I have a fleet that has a couple in their truck and I was super impressed! I was told what was exactly wrong with the vehicle and went right to it. No diagnostic time at all! I didn't have to regen a truck to monitor the aftertreatment or nothing. The owner literally walked in, said sign in here and look at the numbers of what my truck was doing yesterday and the times the codes came in. I was like, bam, I see the problem, installed the part, and off he went.

If you all get a chance, you should check them out. Seriously. I'm all for making money on diagnostic times, but I'm all for having that information in my hands when the truck is written up to free up my fence line of trucks that have sat for 4 days already, too.

I've never seen anything like it. From what the owner told me, he gets the information on what will happen before it causes a break down. He's been in 3 times now and had me do a regen, replace a filter due to fuel pressure rising abnormal, a NoX sensor that was reading wrong, and a dpf clean out because he was just a couple hours away from having the dpf expiration error. Very impressive!

Hopefully that saves you all some cash out there for I'm all about saving drivers money on the road and bringing the trucks to my shop for repairs when the driver can afford for the truck to be down and I don't feel so rushed. Plus having that regen info at write up saves me a hour or two every single time! I like that for that is all free time for me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.