Pretrip your trailer!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by aaronpeterbilt3787, May 20, 2020.

1. aaronpeterbilt3787

aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    As far as I’m concerned, the last 3 guys to pull this should be kicking stones. I know if I was the safety guy, they’d be gone. Pure incompetence.

Voyager1968 and alds Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    that's the way i'd feel as well. no telling how many other items they ignored

4. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    One guy says “That’s how you keep them from sqeeling right?”
    Another guy is like “holy cow those are the brakes? I’ve been told they were back there but I never get around to walking that far away from the house to look for myself.” Lol.

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  5. aaronpeterbilt3787

aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    I see the humor in all your posts.....funny for sure. But seriously this pisses me off to no end. Guys just don’t care anymore. And the company I run my truck at just had a wheel off incident a month ago. A steer tire at that!! Hub was completely dry, they checked the other side, it wasn’t far behind!!

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Well I'm only going to have it for a day or two, so I just really don't see what the big deal is.

7. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    I’m with ya! I get it 100%. Pisses you off not only from the safety standpoint but the “l’m gonna let the other guy worry about it” standpoint. The other guy is ALWAYS you because you are what seems to be the only responsible one. So your responsibility costs you time and money everytime. Since you can’t babysit everyone else and make them do the right thing you just got to expect it and the only way to keep your sanity is laugh about it. As sad as it is.

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I'd venture to guess that if safety actually did their job.

95% of truckers would be fired for not doing theirs.

Drivers that actually look and adjust is a very rare breed.

9. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    And then planning hates us because we're constantly in shop or breakdown status, or we constantly leave equipment tagged as such instead of leaving it showing as ready for the next guy... small price to pay for those clean inspections, though

Just passing by, roshea, alds and 2 others Thank this.
  10. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Good to actually see inside and the issue. Lots of newbies would have no clue. More training on pre-trip with both good and bad rquipment is needed. Especially for those who've never done any 4 wheeler maintanence either.

BigDog Trucker, alds and Kyle G. Thank this.
  11. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Picked up a trailer(tanker) pretriped it and found a brake shoe hanging out of the drum.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.