Preventable Accident/DAC Report

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by STRandy18, Feb 4, 2023.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    For future reference, when having difficulties in conversation in person or on a forum,
    hold your cards close and play the right cards. Avoid the wrong cards.

1. Man Card/Ownership. Strongest card. If and when you goof, own it.
    2. A-Game. Expert Card. Pre trip, time management, reading the regs book,GOAL…whatever you need to do to bring your best effort. You don’t have to be perfect, just do your best.
    3. Victim. Damsel in distress, “it was my GPS”…etc. Women commonly do this one in arguing when they are in the wrong.
    4. Quick defense. If you are not under attack, do not become defensive.
    5. Weak defense. Old vs young, black vs white, male vs female…etc. “
    6. The Anti-ManCard. Nullifies the Man Card. Don’t ever do this one. This is done when you say something like
    -I am a nice guy
    -I am not Stupid
    -I am a Good Driver

“I had a wreck. I hit something.”
    Did you bring your A Game?
    (no A Game card to throw down, throw down the ManCard)
    “No, I didn’t. My mistake. (Ownership. End of conversation. No critics. You have to own it to improve. The only way to wreck this now is to play the Anti-ManCard)
    “I know I am a good driver…” (cringe moment. ManCard has been nullified. Critics will swarm now. Prepare to play Weak Defense or Victim).

Anyway, almost all discussions will end the same way. There are other cards. These are the most common.

Luck in battle.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2022
    Here is what I can tell you.
    I knew they were not looking to terminate you based on a zoom meeting opposed to re-routing to a yard for face to face meeting.
    One out of service for a leaking tire (under the assumption it was still holding some air and wasn't flat yet)
    All else was fine, this is just part of trucking!
    You incident was single vehicle and extremely minor compared to even the slightest at fault collision.
    The only thing that could have changed thier decision to keep you would be your reaction to thier input, oversight and observations or not taking accountability.
    Now that your past this ask yourself a couple questions.
    Have I become overconfident/complacent ?
    Have I skipped any steps in any of my tasks?
    How can I build avoidance, secondary ways to catch possible issues into the things I do on a daily basis that will help avoid becoming complacent in the future?

Worry more about the answers to this than the feeling someone is watching a little closer and you can rest assured they won't be watching too close for very long.

By the way I hate commyfornia myself and understand you wanting to leave but the self questioning will benefit you no matter where you go. As we know moving jobs, location or almost anything is always a trade off of one type issue for an other. The basics however if you stick to them will always help you to prevail.

TripleSix Thanks this.
  4. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Something about when your digging yourself in a hole toss the #### shovel

Old_n_gray, rockeee and TripleSix Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.