Preventable Accident/DAC Report

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by STRandy18, Feb 4, 2023.

1. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    I’m not trying to get away from accountability, but I did not see the garbage brackets sitting on the ground in their lot, so there was no reason to GOAL as they shouldn’t have been there to begin with.

This the very description of why GOAL would have prevented this.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STRandy18

STRandy18 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2022
    While I understand that, does that mean we should get out of our trucks every 30 seconds to check beneath us? I mean let’s be a little realistic here. I have a hard time with this argument because I had no reason to believe or felt any doubt to GOAL. It was just a normal everyday pull up that I always do, and that day they put more garbage in their lot. I always GOAL when backing into a spot for my trailer. But I had plenty of room from the fence line and the morons who work at that shop just left a pile of brackets sitting out in their lot. I should’nt have to pay for that. I believe it should be claimed on their insurance for not keep their lot clean of debri and it being a safety hazard. It’s not like I hit a yellow pole, fire hydrant, etc. I asked for advice not to be criticized.

4. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Why do you hate state troopers?

Savor the Flavor, rockeee and Numb Thank this.
  5. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    He wasn’t being critical, just being too honest. But, since you don’t want honesty, what is it that you would like to hear?

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Because they’re honest?

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  7. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    . I should’nt have to pay for that.
    [QUOTE="IHateStateTroopers, post: 12312766, member: 339549". But I had plenty of room from the fence line and the morons who work at that shop just left a pile of brackets sitting out in their lot. I should’nt have to pay for that. I believe it should be claimed on their insurance for not keep their lot clean of debri and it being a safety hazard. It’s not like I hit a yellow pole, fire hydrant, etc. .[/QUOTE]
    why are you blaming others for what you hit?.
    didn't you see the stuff before hitting it?.
    doesn't matter if you fixed it.. you reported it already.

TripleSix Thanks this.
  8. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Once I got to a delivery and was told to go to the end of the street to turn around so I would line up with the dock.
    It was a dirt lot and had rained hard the day before. I got stuck in the mud.
    I called it in to get a tow, and then called a tow company myself. Paid for it myself so the company would not have to pay for my own stupid mistake.
    After I called the tow truck and got pulled out I called my company and told them that the tow was no longer needed.

I never got dinged for a preventable, when it clearly was.

The OP and I have two things in common here.
    We did not get out to check the conditions, and we paid ourselves for the mistake so the company would not have to.

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The company isn't going to report it to insurance because there's a risk or rates going up.
    Just let it go and don't mention it again.

10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    It's an incident. Nothing more, nothing less. It ain't like you flipped the truck, jack knifed, or rolled over. That probably won't even get reported to DAC. If you can solve a problem, solve and shhhhh. I've tore up stuff, gotten towed, and the company never knew. Problem solving skills cover your ### for real. One incident most likely won't get you fired, but enough of them will. Just tighten up. Even if a driver gets fired for incident, they still find work. Just don't have too many of them.

11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Why is it that some folks come on here asking for info and then complain when the truth is told and complain it’s criticism?…smh…

Dave_in_AZ, Kyle G. and TripleSix Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.