Preventable Accident/DAC Report

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by STRandy18, Feb 4, 2023.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I mean look at the username. It's not like it was asked by the most rational of posters.

TripleSix, Kyle G. and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    There is a huge issue with "fixed it myself" mindset.. have you seen the skills of the general American sloth these days? It's also something that can be an instant term for most companies. The costs of parts like the ones in the story are very expensive and the generic driver in most instances can't afford to feed themselves and their families and pay several hundred or thousands to repair crash damage properly. Repairs on company equipment are almost universally prohibited and a instant termination offense. Just take your lumps and move on. Don't get fired trying to hide a minor mistake

Kyle G. and bryan21384 Thank this.
  4. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    Grow a pair and quit being scared of DAC.

TheLoadOut, drvrtech77 and bryan21384 Thank this.
  5. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    The forum admins should make a sub forum called the “tell me what I wanna hear” forum.

TripleSix, Old_n_gray and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  6. STRandy18

STRandy18 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2022
    Because the whole point is to get solid advice, not for someone to tell me what I already ####ing know. But you old head boomers love letting us know how wrong we are and how much better you are than us. I even stated I knew I messed up, but this is not all my fault considering it’s literally trash left in their lot and it wasn’t a stationary object by definition because it could be moved. I was asking if there is a way out of this, not if whether or not you need to, again, tell me what I and everybody else already knows. I mean what does it help me for you tell me that I should’ve done this or should’ve done that when it has nothing to do with what I asked?

7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Technically it is more your fault..you admitted seeing the debris on the ground and you still drove towards and /or over it…smart thing to do would’ve been to stop before hitting it…

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  8. Kyle G.

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    No, you are pretty much doing that all by yourself. If you keep your posts (and your username!) respectable, then you will get more respectable answers. If you don’t like someone’s answer, you can simply ignore it and wait for a better answer.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  9. STRandy18

STRandy18 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2022
    Stop the bull ####. Cops are not honest. They will lie and do whatever ever is necessary to cover their own ##* just like anyone else. As a matter of fact cops are even worse because they get a sense of false power because they wear a Halloween costume and a badge and treat the public like they’re beneath them. Nobody put a gun to their head and forced them to be cops, they voluntarily chose to become PUBLIC SERVANTS. But most of them aren’t mentally capable of handling the job and if that’s the case why continue to do it? I see so many cops get their emotions involved during confrontations and that’s unacceptable for someone who has a gun and other weapons and “power” over you. You guys must not leave your houses very often, because a majority of the country HATES cops as well. Now, there must be a valid and #### good explanation for that right? Logic would say there is. Cops are nothing more than good ole boy buddy buddy gang who watch out for their own kind and treat the public like ####. If they can’t handle the stress of the public getting an attitude with them without resorting to immediately going for their weapons then, AGAIN, have no business being in law enforcement. That and DOT are literal scum and are just an entity to extort and steal money from honest hard working American people. Truck drivers are actually THE MOST IMPORTANT job in America being that nobody would get ANYTHING if it weren’t for us, yet we get treated like dirt. All it would take is 30 days for all of us to stop working and our country would completely collapse and be brought to its knees. Yet, the average moron doesn’t realize this and just things things materialize out of thin air. There are an infinite number of reasons why cops/troopers get no respect or aren’t liked and you’re a fool to think we live in this fantasy land where if you just showed respect they’d show it back. I’ve personally been treated like crap even when being respectful and nice. They’re cowards in a uniform, nothing more.

10. Kyle G.

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    You literally just described yourself in one big long paragraph!

dunchues and TripleSix Thank this.
  11. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    OK man, you've got a chip on your shoulder. The majority of cops are not bad, I'd say 95 percent aren't bad. Just a few bad apples broadcasted on the news have soured opinions about cops. I do think they should weed out the bad ones. Not sure how they do that beforehand. I've been pulled over 50 plus times in my life, and maybe 6 of those times I can actually say I broke the law. I don't hate the police as a whole, just the ones that like you, have a chip on their shoulder.

As far as bring the country to its knees by not delivering good and the works, if you think that will get drivers more respect, guess again. What will make truckers bigger heels than voluntarily not delivering the goods that people need? That'll make truckers even more hated than ever, all because of a selfish need to pass an agenda. Anyway, that chip you got on your shoulder won't get you a lot of respect.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.