Preventable Accident/DAC Report

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by STRandy18, Feb 4, 2023.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Winner.

Old_n_gray and Kyle G. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Karnack holds the envelope against is turban and says "a lifetime of negative DOT interaction and upset customers"...

Opens the envelope and reads 'If the op remains a trucker'....

STRandy18 Thanks this.
  4. STRandy18

STRandy18 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2022
    Because I asked for advice, not to be criticized. If I wanted criticism I would’ve asked for just that. Why is that so hard to understand? You guys aren’t telling me anything I don’t already know. Like good great I know I should fess up (which I already did) and I know I should GOAL. But that’s not what I asked. I asked if there’s ANYWAY to get out of this. If there is, awesome. If not, then oh well I’ll bite the bullet. But for you guys to keep pushing this holier than thou or ethically correct comments are a waste of time. Like what am I supposed to do with being told something I already know? Im not trying to be rude but it gets old having older guys constantly not get the picture or comprehend what you’re asking.
    that’s the thing I didn’t see it at all until it was too late. I deliver in the early hours of the morning and that customer doesn’t have lights on their lot. That debris that had sitting out wasn’t there before. And that crappy part is, they moved it the very next day. Just sucks this happened because I’m an overall pretty safe driver and take pride in my appearance and profession. I’m not one of those sweatpants and flip flops type of drivers and cut folks off or ride the left lane etc. I’m 30 years old and have never had a blemish on my record other than being put OOS. Both of these instances happened in California which I know is a truckers worst nightmare. I honestly regret coming to this state and working. Worst decision I’ve ever made. But as for the bumper damage, I know it’s my fault, but I genuinely did not see it since it was so low to the ground and just barely snagged the passenger side. Like I said it was never there before so I had no doubt or fear of needing to GOAL. Because let’s be honest with ourselves, we can preach and harp on GOAL but by this logic we’d all be getting out of our trucks every 30 seconds to see if anything is around us. You get what I’m saying? I don’t really agree with that argument. I’ll GOAL when I’m backing into a spot and whenever I’m doubtful of a maneuver. But for a pull up in an area that should be free of crap on the ground what reason would I have to do so?

5. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Are you honest? @FozzyNOK pointed out from your post, word for word, the irony of your view of GOAL. You go into victim mode and accuse him of criticizing you. He was just stating where you goofed. If you REEEEAAAALY wanted help, that was the help you needed. Perhaps he was hoping that you could possibly learn from the mistake and better yourself. Do you think that playing the victim will help you improve?

Cop cannot be honest or respectful with you. It is impossible. Why not? Because you are not honest and respectful. You say you are, but your post show otherwise. Perhaps they can improve?

D.Tibbitt, drvrtech77 and Kyle G. Thank this.
  6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Did you know that only California lab rats ever get cancer? California is a lab rat’s worse nightmare!

D.Tibbitt and Kyle G. Thank this.
  7. STRandy18

STRandy18 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2022
    How did I describe myself? That’s a vague statement. This world isn’t rainbows and butterflies. You only have yourself and the ones you love to look out for. Other people do not care about you unless it affects them in some way or they’re apart of your life. I want humanity to be a force of good for this world, but so far we’ve shown we are anything but. I didn’t describe anything because you don’t know everything about me just from a post that I made from observable evidence. I don’t just speak out of my ###. You have to use statistics as an honest measure to determine if something has weight or not. Say you go on a ton of dates and almost every single one ends in a bust. At what point do you reflect and say to yourself that perhaps, it’s yourself who is the issue and need to work on things because so far every date you’ve been on you’ve never heard back? The common denominator would be you. Same applies to law enforcement. If most the people have negative experiences with our public servants. Then a logical rational being would sit there and used the observable evidence to deduct that perhaps, again, the cops are the issue. There’s no chip on my shoulder. I treat people with respect even if I don’t like them and that includes these corrupt cops. Even when they’re being dirtbags to me, because I know the game you gotta play to maybe get out of a ticket or not get it stuck to you. I don’t go out of my way to display disrespect. But on the inside I view that person as a terrible person. I’m going off evidence and the publics opinion. And that is they do not trust their own government nor do they trust law enforcement. I mean hell look at ALLLLLLL the corruption that happens with our government and the things they do with our hard earned tax money that we have NO say so what so over on how it’s spent. They treat us like peasants. Come on now, you can’t possibly think the powers that be are actually looking out for you.

8. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Dude, it was just a bumper. Get over it!

9. STRandy18

STRandy18 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2022
    There’s no point in me elaborating to your comment because you’ve made up your mind about me anyways. But I admitted fault. Knew I messed up. There’s ALWAYS 2 sides to story though. Nothing is ever 100 percent somebody’s fault. There’s cause effect. I’m not playing victim, I asked for advice. Not something I’m already aware of and know I did. I messed up. But I asked if there’s anything I can do to change my outcome. I mean h3ll!!! Im offering to pay as much money as possible to my company and have it fixed on my own dime. How does that make me whatever it is that you guys are claiming me to be? Dishonest? Disrespectful? Are you kidding me? A dishonest person, wouldn’t even bother to get it fixed. And just quit or never be heard from again. I stated that it’s already been reported. The company knows. I even bought all OEM and was going to take it to Penske to have it professionally installed even though I’m more than capable of doing it to a professional level as well, considering I work on vehicles as well and do body work. And mechanic shops do not always do the right thing and do everything to a T. There’s people that get oil changes and the mechanic forgets to put oil in their car and destroys their engine. I know that at least If I did it I know it’s being done properly.

10. STRandy18

STRandy18 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2022
    Get over what? You guys are starting to attack my character. I’m defending myself. See this is why nothing ever gets accomplished and these forums turn into argument and insult sprees. Somebody comes looking to you guys with experience for help and y’all just start doing this ####. It’s a joke.

11. STRandy18

STRandy18 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2022
    California is just a failed state altogether. Besides my blemishes on my record now, after this job I have no desire to ever step foot back into this state again. I’m from the South and this place is completely night and day difference. Not sure why anyone would volunteer to move to this tyrannical state. Just my opinion. Don’t attack me if you don’t agree.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.