Prevention

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by PowerBean95, Apr 29, 2022.

1. PowerBean95

PowerBean95 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2022
    Bought a 2015 Volvo VNL about a year ago with 480k miles it’s now at 560k. So far I’ve had to replace the crankcase pressure sensor and radiator hoses after they busted while going up AZ mountains. After replacing them I started an having oil leak that I have not fixed yet I’ve just been adding oil as I drive. I’m wanting to know, what are some preventative maintenance things I can do to preserve and renew the life of my truck? Will replacing timing belt be enough or is there more to it? I want to repair my oil leak and reinforce my truck to make sure it’s healthy and last long. I’m new to owning my own truck so any knowledge is greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Let me know when you find that timing belt.

DUNE-T Thanks this.
  4. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Has the Crankcase "spinner" been replaced? When they start to go bad they leak and the seal between the spinner and block is also another area they leak.
    Since you have over 560k check to see if it has been replaced. If its still green like the rest of the block then its possible its never been replaced. A new one will be unpainted and black plastic.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.