Pride Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by ToxikJuggalo, Nov 3, 2010.

1. ToxikJuggalo

ToxikJuggalo Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Hurricane, utah
    Well i put my app in with Pride last night.... and got a call back this morning. they wanted further info on me, im praying that i get hired, im calling them back in the morning to find out. this would be a dream job for me:biggrin_255:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JBMChad

JBMChad Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Saskatoon, SK
    if theres one thing i have noticed about pride's equipment is that its always clean, even trailer wheels are polished.

4. ToxikJuggalo

Nov 1, 2010
    Hurricane, utah
    yea, i worked for england out of slc ut, and i would watch the pride fleet drive by and i would always be in ahh

5. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Good luck man, keep us posted hope it all goes well for you!

6. ToxikJuggalo

Nov 1, 2010
    Hurricane, utah
  7. TooGroovy

TooGroovy Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2011
    igetaround
  8. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    When I worked there, Jeff England would watch the trucks coming and going from his corner office window. If he saw a dirty truck leave he would call downstairs to dispatch and have that truck return and get washed. Probably the nicest, best equipped truck I have driven.

9. TooGroovy

Nov 2, 2011
    igetaround
    I want to know more about this small company. I heard a "legend" that this company came out of a dispute Jeff England had with the way "other" companies were doing trucking and that the name PRIDE was like an "on your face" kind of statement. I want to work for someone like that.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  10. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Actually Jeff England wanted a hotshot company and so he started up The Pride of England. It was later shortened to Pride. Was all big hoods and fast trucks. Not any more. The son runs the company now and I think Jeff is still on the board of CR England.

11. TooGroovy

Nov 2, 2011
    igetaround
    Did it turn terrible once the other Englands took over? Are those the Englands that run CRE? Did the company get absorbed by CRE or will it?
    You know, too risky -- even the slightest chance that may happen makes it a NO GO -- I am scratching this one off my list. -- I wanted to work for a smaller company where the miles were not being distributed among thousands of power units, but I would always be worried that I would get the "great news: we joined CR England!!!"

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    miynis63 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.