Pride Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by CaptainJack88, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    I will, they treat you like family, If the owner is not out on a run, you can find him out in the yard talking to drivers. Dispatchers know the drivers by name. I am no longer behind the wheel, but when I was, I was getting constant miles and always had a pre load before making my delivery. Pay is always on time. They are always getting newer trucks, as a matter of fact, they just got some new KW's in the fleet.
    Anything else you would like to know?

Oh yeah, Jeff, the owner makes calls daily to thank drivers on their anniversary.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I'm sure it is. I was just wondering why the previous poster said it was a good company, when the poster never worked there.

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  4. Blue Zombie Trucker

Blue Zombie Trucker Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2017
    I finished orientation at Pride Transport today, got tractor assignment.

I am very impressed with the staff, the facilities, the equipment, the focus on safety. Everyone on staff that I've met has been incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. My experience is a bit limited, as I've only got 2 years of CDL driving experience, but I'm very impressed so far.

And yeah, I got the choice of AMT or 13 speed. I went with a 13. I do not dislike AMTs at all, but these days, it's getting harder for fleets to put drivers in manuals than in AMTs, so, let's be honest here... I was brown nosing a little.

Stonehjl, Rugerfan, Vic Firth and 3 others Thank this.
  5. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Welcome to the Pride family! I work in breakdown, so let's hope you never need my services.
    Seriously, I love working for Pride, I also drive on the weekends. I don't know who your DM is, but if you will take some advice, communication is the key for a good driver/DM relationship. Keep the wheels rolling and once again, welcome aboard!

6. Blue Zombie Trucker

Nov 1, 2017
    Excellent advice, and I appreciate it. Dan is my DM. Nice guy. I think we'll get along well. We had a really good chat today, he let me know what he likes to see, how he prefers to communicate, etc. I really feel like I stumbled into the right outfit. Finally!

bzinger, Lonesome and Snowshoes Thank this.
  7. Blue Zombie Trucker

Nov 1, 2017
    I delivered my first reefer load today (tonight, really). It went... pretty well, I guess. I made a mistake or two, but at the end of the day, Verl and I are the only ones that will know, lol. Verl was very helpful on the dock. They split a load, I delivered to St George.

Reefer is totally new to me, but I don't see any problems ahead. (The reefer is a lot quieter than I expected. I mean, I've slept next to some really noisy ones, but these are not bad.)

I love this tractor. It's got a 15 liter, my first one except for some 8 axle stuff I did for a short while, with a 9 speed manual. A much sweeter combination than it sounds like. I'm used to 455hp with a lot of gears, so this will be an adjustment, but tonight went well.

I cannot say enough about how friendly and helpful everyone who I've dealt with at Pride has been. Shop, admin, safety, other drivers, and all the rest, and you know, I don't feel the recruiters who I dealt with were misleading, deceptive, or in any way underhanded. :)

8. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I’ll be following along. Looking to possibly move to Utah in a couple years, and wondering if pride will be a good fit

Snowshoes and Blue Zombie Trucker Thank this.
  9. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Glad to hear things are going well. Verl was my DM when I first started with Pride.

@Rugerfan keep us posted and please feel free to pick my brain if you have any questions

Rugerfan and Blue Zombie Trucker Thank this.
  10. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    My biggest questions would be, is there a possibility of being out 5-10 days and then back for a couple? How much does the health insurance for a family cost to the driver? And last but not least, do you think a driver could make 75k+ a year? Not trying to be shallow, I just know that that is my number to still live comfortably

11. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.