Pride Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Kry0n, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Brian Citro

Brian Citro Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2015
    I was told they don't really run upper northeast , I live in vermont and hired on out 5 weeks and they fly me home for 5days...is this true?????

2. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Probably true; Schneider and Roehl have similar programs.
    Schneider calls their program the "Set-Jet" program.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  3. Brian Citro

Jun 30, 2015
    Chinatown I what I meant to say when talking to the recruiter he told me that they don't travel up into the northeast much, where I live in the Vermont area and if I was to come on I would have to run 5 weeks then they would fly me home to Vermont....is this true??? would like little more info about pride,,,i like what I see but don't know if making that big jump to Salt LAke City would be the best for me can you help???

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @Snowshoes works there now; I'd rather him answer that question.

Brian Citro Thanks this.
  5. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    I have never heard of them flying someone home for home time, That would be a question for Steve, the director of recruiting. Same with hiring locations.
    I know that if they do hire out of Vermont, and you ask for home time, they will get you through there, as most companies, they cannot promise you exact dates, but I, personally have never seen anyone NOT make the home time they request.
    Steve has a pretty good video on Youtube about home time, and several other FAQ's
    I know these answers are kind of vague and I apologize for that.
    But if I can answer any questions feel free to ask. I will answer to the best of my ability, or will find out with a phone call.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Brian Citro

Jun 30, 2015
    that's what a the recruiter told me.....thought it was funny also....they also told me 5 weeks out....where do you live and how many times do you get home??

7. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    I live in Utah and work the dedicated fleet so I am home every other day and do a 34 once a week. Usually.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    Is Pride doing dedicated for Safeway/Albertsons? I've seen them at my local store in Eastern Wa lately with a Pride roll up door trailer.

9. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Yes, I, myself have delivered to Kenniwick and Yakima.
    I picked up at the DC in Meridian, ID then delivered to the stores, with a final destination of the DC in Auburn

BackIsSore Thanks this.
  10. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    Thanks for the info, I thought he was lost when he came into our store until he went to the dock.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.