PRIME drivers

Discussion in 'Prime' started by soon2betrucking, Jan 30, 2009.

1. TNspeedy

TNspeedy Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Greeneville,TN
    prime is a decen t company i am one of the ones that couldnt make it work though.....not all primes fault most of it was mine the times were not meant for me to drive my truck like i did and i wanted to come home more than once a month so it was not all their fault but good luck to ya

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SupaTruka

SupaTruka Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Rhode Island
    does prime hire out of N.Y

4. StSimeon

StSimeon Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Stanwood WA
    I believe they do.

5. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Prime hires out of all of the lower 48 states - your home state really doesn't matter since Prime doesn't dispatch out of one place or base their drivers out of a home terminal.

6. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

I have a driver that did his training and some OTR ( solo ) with PRIME and he lived in Upper NY .

He has good things to say on the training he recieved , reason he left was for a regional home every night job after he was married.

7. meatball138

meatball138 Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2009
    the south west
    I was wondering where you can reside if hired....do you have to live close to a terminal? will it affect home time to be in the North East? How avout Chicago?

8. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Do you want to spend time at a terminal? You won't make any money that way. You get paid when the wheels are turning!

Prime hires out of all of the lower 48-states. It doesn't matter where you live relative to a "terminal" like many companies. What Prime does is to get you a load that delivers near your home, then you drop your empty at a convenient location (usually determined by our security group) if you can't take the empty home with you. That's mostly dictated by local parking restrictions. Prime does allow you to drive your tractor "bobtail" at home.

After your home time, your fleet manager will find you the closest empty, unless you are just going to "bobtail" to your outbound load. Now, considering all of this, it does help to live near a major freight lane.

We pull freight in and out of both areas.

9. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    I Live In Idaho 50 miles west of Boise is there a frieght lane in boise?? when its dry i can park truck and trialer across the road but when its wet have to be bobtail in driveway. I live 3 miles off of I 84

10. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    CHD is our western regional division based out of Salt Lake City, and would be a great fit for you. They get loads all over, not just out west. I've spent quite a bit of time on I84 (need to see if I can get another trip out that way... love the Columbia River Canyon!) and have pulled hazmat into Portland, onions and potatoes out of ID, etc. It's seasonal for sure, but quite frequently we'd get a load into Cali, and head back out with something from WA or OR as well.

11. meatball138

meatball138 Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2009
    the south west
    what if you can't provide parking for your tractor for your days off? since i live in the city, have no driveway and i am pretty sure their are ordinances restricting cmv parking overnight....i would like to know what the default option if you don't have somehwere to put your tractor on your days off. i am looking to alternate days off between my family in massachusetts and my home in los angeles.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.