Prime Inc driver thread

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by true122, Apr 28, 2011.

1. DragonTamerBrat

DragonTamerBrat Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Which is why I just shake my head when folks say that Prime just trying to make money off the sleep studies/machines. All that stuff on YOUR dime is over $10k (including follow-up care, etc) in a year. Not to mention, if you DO have sleep apnea, this will literally save your life. Oxygen deprivation is no joke.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ipogsd

ipogsd Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Has it improved your life? Do you have more energy during the day?

4. DragonTamerBrat

Jun 6, 2011
    I'm not talking for RP, but across the board, everyone I have talked to, both in person and online have said YES. (And no, my short chubby behind doesn't need one -- but it won't be chubby for long. "Long" being a relative term.)

5. robthomas

robthomas Bobtail Member

May 24, 2012
    Balimore,MD
    Hey Dennis the Menace did you ever get that 15 over ticket taken care of I got one last year on thanksgiving and looking for a company that will bring me on until it drops off. Where you able to find any other company's that will hire you with it ?

6. eviljmisfit

eviljmisfit Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2012
    laurel,de
    Well they told be they didn't offer it no more is what they told me after my recruiter knew I needed one

7. DragonTamerBrat

Jun 6, 2011
    My BS meter went off, as at least one recruit got his machine this morning.

8. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    In a year and a half I've gone from chest pains, blood pressure around 170/100, and weight 420 lbs to walking 5+miles a day, riding a bike 3-4 times a week, blood pressure around 130/85 w/o meds, and weight 315(please note I'm 6'5" so that's not as bad as it sounds) and still losing. When I first got it I was tired all the time, now I'm never tired till bedtime. To be fair I've made lifestyle changes as well. Such as a diet of fruits, veggies, whole grains, fish and chicken as well as a lot more exercise.

Just saw on CNN that a new study is out showing sleep deprivation causes cravings for calorie dense foods. Maybe they have it the wrong way around. It's not being fat that can cause sleep apnea but it's sleep apnea that causes being fat?

9. eviljmisfit

eviljmisfit Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2012
    laurel,de
    Well I would've took the test there I mean I had to pay my way home with money I didn't have

10. DragonTamerBrat

Jun 6, 2011
    You have lost 105 lbs in a year and a half! That is GREAT progress.

11. DragonTamerBrat

Jun 6, 2011
    So far you haven't actually said what they "lied" to you about. You said you got sent home because of the sleep study. Prime provides that AND a CPAP, if needed, while paying for it up front. So, how about the real story?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.