Prime Inc driver thread

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by true122, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Twicebit

Twicebit Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Schneider Avenue huh, I'll keep my eyes peeled! Thanks :biggrin_255:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigX72

BigX72 Light Load Member

Hey guys why does prime want pay stubs from a past employer?? And are they strict about bmi?? Also what is their tale on blood pressure?

4. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Pay stubs... to verify your story about your employment. Joe Baddriver might try to slip in after having a fatal accident in a 18-wheeler, and many with piles of tickets try it. Those paystubs prove that you really were employed where you say you were. That's also why long periods of unemployment are looked at as a problem as well.

No limits on BMI, although you may be flagged for a sleep study. If you have high blood pressure, you should see a doctor right away, and get treatment. If you're on BP meds, its not a problem - you just get a 1 year medical card. If you have untreated hypertension during your initial DOT physical, you'll be going home until you see the doctor, and get it under control. Best to head that one off early.

5. BigX72

BigX72 Light Load Member

Ok so I've been dieting And was tested 8 weeks ago and my Bp was 143/93 and recieved a 1 year card. It's had to have gone down since I've lost over 35lbs but I should continue to get it down until what exactly? And can you give me a run down of what to expect once I graduate school from NETTTS and get my CDL through my state, Massachusetts. Even if I worked at a place for 3 years then just started a new job they'll want pay stubs? My recruiter is Tammy have you heard anything about her?

6. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    From the Prime website...

• Blood Pressure Levels: Less than 140 over 90
    • Eye Sight: 20 / 40 or better in each eye (With corrective lenses if needed.)
    • Hearing: Must be able to hear a forced whisper at 6 feet
    • Diabetic: Sugar levels must be well controlled without insulin required
    • Heart Related Issues: Must have special documents and may need recent specific tests

Inexperienced CDL holders come in as a C-seat, it was a 3-day orientation when I came through, you get a trainer and you will drive for 40,000 miles - about 8 weeks or so - before coming back to upgrade to A-seat. The first 4 weeks after you're on the truck, you'll be paid $500 before taxes per week. It get's bumped up to $600 after the first month. At least that's my hazy recollection of how things went.

Don't sweat the microscope on your previous jobs. It's all part of the vetting process we go through to protect the company from negligent hiring lawsuits. If you get in an accident, the personal injury attorneys will circle like sharks in chummed water if they smell any lapse in a carriers attention to checking the background of new drivers. It's especially bad with the larger carriers, because they have more money to go after.

I can't help you with your recruiter... never met her.

BigX72 Thanks this.
  7. BigX72

BigX72 Light Load Member

Thanks for the info! Awesome! Now it's just diet diet diet and exercise exercise exercise until I graduate and hopefully in the mean time everything falls into place so I can have an orientation date for late July or early August. Thank you

8. Freckles

Freckles Bobtail Member

May 19, 2013
    Quick question and to some it might be dumb. Does Prime have an uniform for their otr drivers?

9. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Nope. Anything you buy in the company store with the Prime logo on it is tax deductible.

Freckles Thanks this.
  10. Vegas Reaper

Vegas Reaper Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    theres a lot of places that you can buy a HCG injection diet and you will drop weight like a mad dog form what I have heard. pound or 2 a day.

11. Simplespeed

Simplespeed Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Hey guys! My application just got approved for PRIME! As soon as I get my paperwork in order im hoppin on a bus and headin out. In the mean time im studying for the cdl permit and stressing abiut the blood pressure thing. I have no idea what mine is but I have been eating a decently clean diet and doing heavy weight lifting/powerlifting for the last year and a half. Im think if I have high blood pressure itll be do to stress at work. How acurate are the machines at local grocery stores?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.