Prime Inc driver thread

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by true122, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Simplespeed

Simplespeed Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Same here! Im pretty excited to get started. Good luck to you and stay safe.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dooly

Dooly Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Georgia

I agree to an extent. I guess it depends on the trainers ways. I would assume that if the trainer is not comfortable with the trainee he may not be so quick to go rest lol. I have only found one company that doesnt train as teams and that is Roehl. There may be others, but not that I can find. But it goes both ways I guess. If you spend your entire time training with someone in the passenger seat, how are you gonna do when you are completely alone for the first time. I found one company that pretty much puts you out on your on in about 30 days, according to their website anyway. At least this way you do have help available if you really need it. At least you get 2-5 weeks with a trainer sitting next to you and the rest of your time with a trainer "in the truck". I would imagine that the trainer has decided if you can be trusted early on. I remember back when I first started operating heavy equipment. There is no trainer at all. Here is the keys, don't kill your self. And I can assure you that operating heavy equipment will make your tail pucker in a way you didn't know was possible lol.

4. 5krunner84

5krunner84 Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2013
    I left Prime to do something more local. Gone on the weekends, day trips during the week. I miss being out on the open road though.

5. Dooly

Dooly Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Georgia
    Well its official. Im headed to Missouri next Friday

6. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    I worked in prime's tanker division and loved it. My only problem was that I leased and took a POS truck not knowing it until I started driving it. I probably should have did a more thorough inspection. It looked like it was in an accident and the driver fixed it himself so as to not get a mark on his dac. I should have taken that new yellow one that was sitting there, but I refused to drive a yellow truck. :biggrin_2559: I am looking at prime again if I can get on with them again in the tank division. I am in college studying physics and honestly would rather be trucking because I loved it. Good luck to you new guys.

7. Twicebit

Twicebit Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2012
    So I'm driving east on I-70 in Denver yesterday and pulled alongside a Prime tractor hauling a different kind of trailer. I don't know much about trailers but can give a description: It looked like a dirt trailer but nice and new. It was a split rear axle with the forward axle's tires way up off the ground. Along the side it said "Max Miser" by Reitnouer and it was rounded along the top rear with a huge tarp over the whole trailer. The tractor number was also on the rear of the trailer leading me to believe that trailer always stays with that tractor. Anyone know if Prime has started another division?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  8. tolson

tolson Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Ankeny, Iowa
    I got off the road 7 years ago to do a local gig and I hate it. I too miss the road!!!!!

9. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Sounds like a flatbed with a side kit. They use a few of them for some dedicated accounts.

Twicebit Thanks this.
  10. Twicebit

Twicebit Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Wow, pictures galore! I would say it looked pretty much like the fifth one across on the first row, as an example.

11. Gunner710

Gunner710 Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Oak Park, CA
    Does anyone know if Prime only runs certain types of divisions out of specific centers? I want to run out of Oxnard, CA since it is close to where I live. Do they run tankers out of there?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.