Prime Inc driver thread

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by true122, Apr 28, 2011.

1. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Only recruiting can answer that question. Probably have a better chance than a snowball lol, but not sure how much of one.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FilthyMcNasty

FilthyMcNasty Light Load Member

Well got a hold of them today. I was flying at supersonic speed low on the horizon when BOOM! I got shot in the ### by a big ####### missile.

4. OpenRoadDreamer

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Takin it the call didnt go well....

5. FilthyMcNasty

No sir. Evidently I have to be with another company atleast 6 months accident free and leave on good terms before they will even think about looking me over. Meh oh well. BFI anyway.

6. OpenRoadDreamer

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    If thats what you think about them. Then why apply? If thats youre attitude, we dont need you. bye

7. FilthyMcNasty

Let me rephrase driver, that's what trucker lore has told me during my career. I did mention in my other post that from Prime drivers themselves I have heard all good things. Sorry I am just getting frustrated and grumpy.

8. 3finger

3finger Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Mount Sterling, IL
    A quick question for you regular posters. Does primes leasing company report to the credit reporting agencies, ie Eqifax, Experian. Just curious as I would like to build credit back up to be approved for a truck loan on down the road.

9. 3finger

3finger Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Mount Sterling, IL
    I guess I should clarify, what I mean is; If I go to prime and do their lease do they report to the credit agencies? Trying to get Info as a determining factor as to weather I should seek employment with Prime. A good report from them would make it easier to purchase a truck on my own later. I would not usually try a lease purchase having studied the effects of so many poor programs, but even if the payments are too high in comparison to leasing or buying from an outside company, I think the effect of successfully completeing a lease such as Prime's should really help build up credit to get better financing at a later date. I may be completely wrong. I am not wanting to hear from the neigh-sayers, Ive read enough of those comments and I am aware of both sides. What I would like is to hear from is either people who are leasing now, or those who have looked into it that are presently company drivers. Thanks in advance. I also want to thank all the regular posters who work there for your comments on the various prime threads. Most enjoyable post guys.

10. truckerdave17

truckerdave17 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2009
    st louis, mo

i went thru the same thing bro.

question for you guys now, I have been off the road for almost three years now, I was let go from werner for having three minor incidents involving property damage, one of which I never actually did but couldn't prove. Now according to Primes website: for CDL holders- no more than 3 moving violations during the last year. i have 0
    and No more than four moving violations or accidents in the past 4 years. all i have is those 3 that are on my DAC. so I should be eligible to sign up for a refresher course in the school and then go out with a trainer for x amount of hours am I wrong? I do not expect by means that I would be able to be hired by any company and immedietley get my own truck. and i dont mind going otr with a trainer for some time. i just want to get back out there and i am calling a recruiter later. do i have a chance?

11. BigCheese

BigCheese Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    CT
    Sure you do. Just as long as you can show employment for the last 3 years while you have not been driving. Also make sure while talking to recruiter that the school that you are going to do the refresher course with is accredited with Prime and ask recruiter how many hours you will need. Good luck.........

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.