Prime Inc driver thread

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by true122, Apr 28, 2011.

1. truckerdave17

truckerdave17 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2009
    st louis, mo
    Well according to Primes site THEY offer schooling on site, unless I read that wrong but its good to know I have a chance. thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigCheese

BigCheese Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    CT
    Not to my knowledge is there school (Prime) for a refresher course for drivers who currently hold a CDL. But they do have a Training program set up for student drivers that wish to obtain their CDL.

4. truckerdave17

Nov 17, 2009
    st louis, mo
    Ah I see, Im reading it again and now I see it. you can earn your permit, which I have already done obviously then go OTR with a trainer and then get your CDL. so since I already hold I probably need to get ahold of MTC (thats where I went to school) and see how many hours I need to put in and ask a recruiter at Prime as well. I made the mistake of going with Werner the first time around because thats all they talked about at school and i was pulling in like $350 a week AFTER training whereas my buddy went with Prime and was making 600-800 a week DURING training and over 1200-1600 after training, man i was kickin myself in the ##### over that one for a while.

5. truckerdave17

Nov 17, 2009
    st louis, mo
    So I called a recruiter and basically he told me to wait till I get my new dac and see whats on there before applying. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed I guess

6. 3finger

3finger Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Mount Sterling, IL
    truckerdave17 I contacted Prime a week ago and was told They would hire me and put me thru a refresher and it has been 6yrs since I came off the road, hope this helps.

truckerdave17 Thanks this.
  7. BigCheese

Sep 9, 2011
    CT
    They might have set up some kind of refresher course that I am not aware of. I will call recruiter tommorow to find out if they do.

8. Easy Steamer

Easy Steamer Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    You will go out with a trainer for 15 to 30k miles. To be determined at your interview. Whether they make you a, c seat or b seat

9. Vegas Reaper

Vegas Reaper Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    Talking with a recruiter in springmo today, said I want to be a trainer on the reefer side but he said I will have to run solo for a bit before they will let me train, any info on how long that might last on the solo side? want to become a trainer as quick as possible to make extra money. Guys have told me they need trainers so bad because its like a 5 to 1 ratio trainees to trainers so I figure I should grease into the trainer gig pretty quick.

10. BigCheese

Sep 9, 2011
    CT
    Personally I wish they would make the drivers work for Prime at least a year before they allow them to train anyone. This way they could see if they were even worth a #### themselves before they cut them loose with a trainee.
    Right now we have too many Trainers that should still be Trainees themselves.

Being a Trainer should not only be about the money but also because you really want to instruct an individual to become a professional driver. To many people are seeing this as a quick cash cow and viewing their trainees as only a paycheck instead of giving the proper instruction needed for them to succeed in this business.
    Hence all the horror stories we here from these forums.
    To answer your question you have to drive solo for 3 months then you are able to Train for Prime. Good Luck with that!!!!!!!

3finger Thanks this.
  11. Vegas Reaper

Vegas Reaper Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    thanks cheese, ya this aint my 1st rodeo so I know what you mean by having rookies training rookies isnt good protocol, I been in this game for 15 years so I might pull it off haha.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.