Prime Inc Flatbed

Discussion in 'Prime' started by TEN4DISPATCH, Aug 14, 2007.

1. emton

emton Medium Load Member

May 18, 2009
    Hobart, IN
    Amen to that!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Yup... your FM can make you or break you. Talked to a reefer guy the other day with a new dispatcher who used to drive. Puts people on a list to get around to after you send your mty call - doesn't bother trying to line up loads until after you get to the top of the list. This reefer driver was sitting around a lot.

4. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    1)what have you been averaging per mile(all miles) to the truck in revenue?
    2)do you know your cost per mile?
    3)are you solo,team or trainer?
    4)what kind of miles to gross revenue are you averaging each week?
    5)how often do you go home and for how long? Do you live near Springfield,Mo?
    6)do they make you drop your trailer at a yard to go home?
    Im especially curious about that last one. Ive had drivers(reefer) tell me they have to do that and they dont believe I would be able to run a load thru home on weekends if I came over to Prime?

5. mr slowsky

mr slowsky Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Austin Tx
    Dan from Windsor. Check your pms

6. foodmojo

foodmojo Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2009
    chesapeake Virginia
    Okay everyone has a different experience so here's mine;

1. Got to Orientation Sept 9 2011, they had me going through the reefer orientation claiming they had no info on me be a flatbed driver. BS!

2. Was told all i had to do was go through their Flatbed Bootcamp (what a joke) and i would get my truck and go to work, NOPE!. Had to go through two trainers (first one was a complete moron) and took 1.5 months, they said to learn securement. No it's so the trainer can make a ton of money as a team truck and give you $600.00 per week for driving your ##### off!

3.Finally get back and ready to get my LEASE truck, and get told you don't have any choice what you want, pick from the used beat up trucks and you still have to pay them $775.00 per week on a truck you don't like, but then after everythings (cost's) added your looking at $1385.00 per week operating cost's and then add $1600.00 per week for fuel= $2985.00 for you operating cost's PER WEEK.

4. Everyone in the company (FLBD Mgrs, Road assist, shop, Night dispatch) will tell you anything to keep from looking like they don't know what their doing. Lost 4 days on my second week out because the qualcom was'nt working right. Was told to come to springfield to get fixed, they said it was engine sensors, was'nt, qualcom fixed the problem remotely, shop was'nt necessary. BS!

5. After the qualcom issue stayed out another 2 weeks and went home for one week. By the way they did'nt want me to go home so they were trying to give me loads away from the house, fleetmanager SUCKED! Ken A, what a tool. Had to Deadhead from Phily to Virginia Beach Va. Thanks for the help Ken

6. When i went out after hometime i did not recieve a paycheck for 4 weeks, they said going home put me behind. In those four weeks i made $13,000 for the truck! really? One week put me behind that much? BS!

7. Since getting the truck my first check was $700.00, second $335.00, then no check the next again, Then $1000.00, next $600.00, next two weeks nothing, then $500.00, next $500.00. So for driving 14,000 + miles at Prime I made $3600.00 or so. BS!

8. The truck i had to take (or wait till they get more, and if you've driven for other companies you know what that means) Electrical Problems/ Original Batteries that the truck was purchased with, (had to get jumped from TA's 4 times and sent messages to lease dept and fleetmanager Ken A and heard from no one about the issue) they wanted me to come in and buy four new batteries at $650) I just got the truck from them 1 month ago, BS!/ qualcom issues/ Old ##### Rigmaster apu that does'nt work either!

9. Trying to get in the shop at Prime is a joke too. Everytime you try to get in for one reason or another you hear their booked till next week. BS!

This Company will only work for you if when you have no opinion. If your fleetmanager (mine Ken) gets his or her feelings hurt they will give you the low paying loads, they play office politics, their children!
    They tell you "your a lease operator, you work for yourself", no your treated like a company employee thats making their truck payment!

DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, IF YOU STAND UP FOR YOURSELF THEY WILL STARVE YOU OUT!

My proof is this; if they say their lease program works and i took everything they gave me load wise until the last two weeks why did i not make any money? If it works it must be the fleetmanager and the sales dept! If they say it's not them, then their program does'nt work.....!!! which is it?

Never will I work for Crime, I mean Prime!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
  7. da1

da1 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2011
    SC
    well that sucks but like you said everyone has diff experiences i do believe a fleet manager can make or break a driver sorry you had a bad experience did you try to get a diff f.m. as ive been told you can do asfar as the truck thing i dont know b/c im not lease but i was under the impression you could lease what you wanted

8. DragonTamerBrat

DragonTamerBrat Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2011
    You can take the choice what they have on the lot. Once you have completed a lease (maybe 2, I forget) you can order your next one.

da1 Thanks this.
  9. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    The only thing that stuck out to me in your revival of a 4 year old post.

Irony...

I'm really too tired to do the usual go through and prove everything you say wrong thing. So I'll just let someone else bother.

10. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    Sorry it didnt work for you.

11. Sourdough

Sourdough Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    So many things wrong here...I'm with Seebs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.