Prime Inc Flatbed

Discussion in 'Prime' started by TEN4DISPATCH, Aug 14, 2007.

1. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Can't read what was posted, happens when someone is on the ignore list, but I can guess. As IP said, I secure my loads more than is required by law. I'm not late for appointments, in fact most of the time I'm very early. Last week I had over 2600 miles I ran. The weeks not messed up by hometime have been well over 2000 miles. In just over a month I've run over 12,500 miles. My loads get to their destinations safetly and on time. I have no regrets coming to Prime.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. da1

da1 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2011
    SC
    what was said shouldnt been said some one posted their experience with prime and yes ppl posted their opinion which is cool but name calling and arguing isnt necessary kind of makes ppl not want to post anything

4. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Sounds familiar. Someone report the post, maybe something would be done about it.

5. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    So they will hire and train newbs out of school for flatbed? How long are you typically out? I'm in California

6. da1

da1 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2011
    SC
    yes they will if im not mistaken if you have a cdl an you are new going to the flatbed side you have to do 2months with a flatbed trainer

7. Air Cooled

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    I was under the impression that I would have to go reefer then train for flatbed. What is the sometime like pulling fb with prime? I know where you live probably has a lot to do with it.

8. Air Cooled

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Hometime is what I meant to say

9. da1

da1 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2011
    SC
    if you have a cdl and you want to go flatbed you shouldnt have to go reefer 1st unless you want to(which would be pointless if you can get a flatbed trainer right away) you should be able to come in do orientation and go out with a flatbed trainer to get your experience in driving/securement the only reason i see you going reefer 1st is if you cant get a flatbed trainer right away(they are limited) go reefer for a while then go flatbed....as far as hometime you live in cali so getting a load in/out shouldnt be a prob the only person that can give you definitely info is a recruiter

Beau Thanks this.
  10. DragonTamerBrat

DragonTamerBrat Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2011
    It will depend on if there is a flatbed trainer available, to be totally honest. As for hometime, you must be out for a minimum of 3 weeks. You get 1 day for each week out, maximum of 4 days at one shot. Sometimes you get "lucky" and get an extra between your PTA (projected time available) and your pick up.

11. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    The "reefer first" part is just for getting you used to driving a semi. It really doesn't matter what kind of trailer is used while you learn how to manuever it. Its just that there are more reefer guys around than flatbedders or tanker yankers. Keeps you from being shanghai'd at SPRIMO for months waiting for the flatbed BBQ to end!

:biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.