Prime Inc. has no loads?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by ckrupp, Dec 12, 2008.

1. seanoleary1979

seanoleary1979 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Huntington, NY
    Forget it... After 1 month spent there, I was $827.00 in the HOLE! Freight is slow, the economy sucks and freight rates are dropping. It's not Prime's fault, but you'd be better flipping burgers in McDonalds! At least you'd be home every night and make OT after 40 hours which brings you waaaaay ahead of the game that Prime is offereing at the moment.

Good luck... if you try it and think your experience will be any different, don't go crying back to this board 'cause all you'll get is the "I told you so" syndrome! :biggrin_2553:

Everyone always thinks they'll 'do it their own way' with different results... eh he he he he.

Sean

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    ^^^^ True i totally understand i dont plan to go right away im waiting till august. Im not saying things will be better in august but even if i were to go right now it wouldnt be bad for me cuz i live at home with my parents and dont need to make much.

4. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    Id rather learn how things are run when the freight is slow rather than when it is too busy where theyjust run you till you hate what you are doing.

5. dr5169

dr5169 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    chicago,il
    Thanks for the info...

6. channel 19

channel 19 Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2009
    michigan
    i been reading like boosted teg post about prime that is what was gonna do get my year in at prime maybe longer

7. channel 19

channel 19 Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2009
    michigan
    where do people go for cdl springfield mo or pittson pa

8. seanoleary1979

seanoleary1979 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Huntington, NY
    ^^^^ True i totally understand i dont plan to go right away im waiting till august. Im not saying things will be better in august but even if i were to go right now it wouldnt be bad for me cuz i live at home with my parents and dont need to make much.

That's all fine and dandy... but working for free gets old (and you become resentlful) REAL quick whether you're at home with mom & dad, or live in a refridgerator box (which is all one can afford these days). You'll be able to put up with working 168 hours a week (24 hours times 7days) a lot better if your checks are at least 1500/week before taxes. At least $8.93/hour is a bit more than McDonald's and Burger King workers... but not by much. Anything less than that and you might as well get on a plane to some 3rd world country... 'cause even they do better! What you'll actually take home on good weeks now (according guys I know that are still with Prime and average their pay over a month) is about $425. Slave wages by even Ethiopian standards!

What a country/economy we live in/have when people think less than $10.00/hour for 168 hours per week (w/ no OT in sight) is a good deal!:biggrin_2555:

Sean

9. Uriah

Uriah Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Upstate NY
    i just started orientation today in pittston pa. im a recent truck school grad with no experience. so far so good.

10. redneck31

redneck31 Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Ozark,MO
    Freight is slow everywhere

11. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    Well, I guess I am glad that I am a company driver... Im making anywhere from a third to double more than what your friends are. They got their freedom to run their business, I'll take my paycheck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.