Prime Inc. has no loads?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by ckrupp, Dec 12, 2008.

1. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    It pretty much doest matter what company you work for youre first year cuz you really dont make much anyways. Id rather try to get onto a pretty good company as my starter company and i think that PRIME would be good for me. Just my 2 cents

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. seanoleary1979

seanoleary1979 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Huntington, NY
    At double that pay - even triple - you're still getting hosed. When I explained to Adam Landau, terminal manager at Pittston, PA that it equates to 168 hours a week of work:(eating/sleeping/working/relaxing/babysitting the truck and load etc.) his responses were, "that's not so" and "that's the way trucking is. and has always been."

I knew my brother (a 22 year firefighter with the FDNY) would get a laugh out of what this half-wit-in-charge said and he succinctly replied... "Hey big bro... I get paid whether I'm at the firehouse eating filet mignon, sleeping, working out, - or out fighting a fire! Why should you get paid s**tty wages and be the ####### for these companies getting paid for only loaded miles and basically nothing else? I told you time and time again. That's why you have to stay away from trucking... it's packed with ######-ups on both sides of the fence. On one side those who think it's ok to be paid peanuts - as if there's no other jobs out there that pay well - as well as those who pay the workers peanuts and are able to sleep nights knowing that."

Enough said... gimme' your address. I'll send you a bag of peanuts - or double that - so you remain cozy and happy!

:biggrin_25511:
    Sean

4. seanoleary1979

seanoleary1979 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Huntington, NY

2 cents is exactly what you'll earn - only if you go by their book. If not you'll be indebted to them for hundreds of dollars a week.

Good luck, you seem to know better.
    Sean

5. OriginalBlackMan

OriginalBlackMan Bobtail Member

May 2, 2009
    West Virginia
    My last check was over $4k, and I'm solo. And yes, I lease with Prime. Not everyone does that well, and not everyone has it as bad as some people make it out to be. There are drivers here who make good money, and don't come on these message boards, like me. I'll probably make about half that amount this coming week, still nothing to complain about in this economy.

6. OriginalBlackMan

OriginalBlackMan Bobtail Member

May 2, 2009
    West Virginia
    Clarification...$4k deposit after truck payment, fuel, etc.

7. brianc20

brianc20 Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2008
    burlington vt
    Ok its for real I am thinking about Prime could anyone help me out are they good? are they busy as they say they are? the trucks are looking good soif anyones is working there and could help me out email me or rply on here and talk me thru this thanks!!!

8. Keendriver

Keendriver Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Big Blue Truck
    check U2's thread "Prime,a year in review"

9. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...

Been running my butt off for quite awhile now - first quarter was bad, but it was pretty much everywhere. They sent me on a 530 mile deadhead to cover a load I picked up in Salt Lake City yesterday... going to Alabama.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.