Prime Inc. Orientation Oct, 2010

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by bodiej, Nov 7, 2010.

1. bodiej

bodiej Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Nevada
    fingerprinting is part of the new CSA2010 with the governemnt.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Thats correct .. But i think what he ment by the question was why was PRIME taking your PRINTS because its been my and probally others experience that it is done by a GOVT AGENCY

The prints are used for a THREAT ACESSMENT which is used for

HAZMAT , TWIC & CSA 2010

Does PRIME send your prints off for you ?

Or

Do they have a GOVT AGENCY come in to the class and do it ?

If not or otherwise you will end up having to re-do this part of the GOVT THREAT ACCESSMENT

I think thats what he ment by the question

4. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Great Thread keep us all posted as you progress

5. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    CSA2010,

I had no idea we all have to be fingerprinted.

First I heard about it.

6. bodiej

bodiej Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Nevada
    Prime security department does the finger printing im sure its only for background or other related items.
    For TWIC you still have to complete another set of prints from a Govt. agency.
    For Hazmat you complete another set of prints and complete this process in your home state.
    Prime also assists you in getting a passport, not sure of this process. (I came with one already).

7. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    I see,

Thanks,

it's just for Prime.

8. sazook

sazook Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    Fingerprinting is done as part of an FBI background check. They have always done it since I have been here (4.5 years). If I remember correctly, the reason for the FBI check is because we deliver bulk mail to postal centers around the country.

9. dave_0755

dave_0755 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Jonesboro,AR
    Well bodiej that's true of any company out there. When it goes bad for the driver it's always the companies fault.

I liked being a company driver for the most part. Some companies I drove for were really bad some were really good. I try...for the most part..to be honest on here. I will admit most of my problem has been hometime. My ex and I divorced about 2 years after I started driving a truck. It's been very hard at times to get home to get my son everyother weekend. Some companies has worked with me on it some has not. This is the main reason I wanted to be an O/O. I feel like if I can't get home then I have no one to blame except for myself.

I hope it all works out for you with Prime. I have 11 years experience working with trucking companies. If you have a question feel free to ask. I don't come on here with the mentality that I know it all. We are all still learning no matter how much experience we claim to have.

As far as leasing/purchasing a truck from a company. I would suggest that no one does it. I can give real numbers to back up what I say too. It's too much in favor of the company to lease/purchase a truck. Still if that is your intention I wish you the best with it.

stevenater Thanks this.
  10. Wanna drive

Wanna drive Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Lancaster, Ky
    Awsome thread! I like the detail and honesty. Keep it up love to see how it goes for ya!

11. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Hows that orientation/training going ??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.