Prime, Inc. - Springfield, Mo.?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by skullitor, Aug 22, 2005.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    There are a lot of posts here on Prime, mostly BAD. Look them up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. simplmn80

simplmn80 Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2007
    nokomis,il
    I AM CURIOUS TO SEE HOW MANY PRIME DRIVERS GET ON THIS FORUM.... HOW ARE THEY TREATING YOU?...COMPANY DRIVER OR LEASE OPERATOR??..ANY TRAINERS??..... I JUST STARTED PRIME AS A STUDENT BACK IN OCTOBER..... LOOKING FOR COMPANY FEEDBACK....GOOD, BAD.... LETS HEAR IT!!... :smt040

4. justachic977

justachic977 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Denton, tx
    My husband was supposed to start for Prime right after Christmas. He was hired and they got the reference back on the company he was working for and told him because of that one bad reference they could not hire him. Other then that I know they pay well but I hear they run their drivers into the ground. I know this isnt very helpful but be careful if you ever try to find another company. There is no telling what people will say these days.

5. slick50

slick50 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2006
    McKinney, Texas
    Yea, I'm on my second lease with Prime. Put $72,000 in the bank last year, 161,000 miles, 300 days on the road, 6.32 mpg. They are not perfect, but who is? Most complainers about Prime have never been at Prime/or understand how to make money. I run about 62mph and get passed alot, but I take more to the bank than they do. I have a Freightliner Century, not a Pete or KW; I'm only trying to impress my wife and kids by supporting them as best I can. They can't eat or go to college on chrome. My gross for the year was over $200,000. Some drivers talk down to me telling me I'm making Prime rich....implying that I shouldn't run as hard so they get less money. Now, does that make any sense to you?

6. simplmn80

simplmn80 Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2007
    nokomis,il
    lol, miles equal money in this business. sounds like you are doing rather well then. Do you run solo or team?? trainer?? I have noticed since I have started that alot of the people that complain, dont run their trucks right. some dont know what all they should be getting paid for. Especially if their spouse is at home looking at the settlements. The only person that knows is the person driving the truck. people turn down loads all the time. In my personal opinion, if youre not loaded and moving youre not making money, people sit too much. Fleet managers make a difference too, and your relationship with them. We have jim guthrie as ours, he's a cool guy. ive been on this truck for 2 mos now and we havent turned down one load and he likes that!! We really dont work that hard either, and he still makes over a 1000 a week after all his expenses and we run the speed limit in most states. lol. The only thing that kills me is the price of a lease. seems a little steep to me. but ppl make money here, and alot more freedom than a company driver.

oh and anything other than a freightliner does not pass the cost benefit analysis!! :smt040

7. slick50

Dec 30, 2006
    McKinney, Texas
    Yea, the cost of the lease is higher than most, but it's not what something costs....it's what you make. Plus, the warranty is up to 600,000 miles not 300,000 as if you went out and purchased. My daily formula with Prime has given me an opportunity to make more money than I can find anywhere else (and I have researched quite thoroughly), that is why I am doing another lease. So while alot of drivers on this board will continue ######## about something, I will quietly go down the road at 6mpg, day after day, rolling what they get for me, sleeping 8 hours a night; and paying off my house. I don't drive tired, I just don't mess around. I watch my mpg graph continuously, cause it's money in the bank.
    P.S. I am a solo driver

8. mikroos5

mikroos5 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Mass.
    The problem is too many drivers think becouse it didn't work for me its not going to work for anyone,the end result is all that matters,you make the money to pay your bills and hopfully you can put a little away for your retirment
    Good luck and happy motoring

9. slick50

Dec 30, 2006
    McKinney, Texas
    I agree, what works for one might not work for others. I drove company with Arrow for 6 months and learned what I could do (and couldn't). That's why I tried Prime (it fit my style) but I kept looking at other options. Almost got my own authority, but decided against it, and I never found another company that met my driving style and monetary needs. So I am back with another lease and working the same daily formula.

10. lookingup

lookingup Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2006
    something sounds fishy, In other post highly regarded driver talks about how companies make most of the money off of a lease, and how hard it is to do a company lease. Now your saying your making good money and this and that, you sure your not making this up.

11. simplmn80

simplmn80 Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2007
    nokomis,il
    It is a proven fact that you can make money with prime with the lease purchase program. Yea it seems like alot of money to spend on a lease. But think about this. you get 72% of every load revenue, 100% fuel surcharge, and if you watch your fuel mileage, and keep it in a reasonable range, you are making money off the fuel that they charge the customer. My co driver and I had a 2 hour talk about this the other night. He makes $$ and we really don't work that hard, haven't seen a 6000 mile week yet, close but not yet. The people that talk down about prime and the lease purchase program either:
    A. didn't or don't run their truck right or...
    B. never even worked for prime and are assuming all the negative things that they hear are true.
    No company is perfect but I think prime has their s### together. Yea they are out to make money, isnt that what every company is here to do?? just my 2 cents.......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.