Prime Inc Vs Schneider

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Papa0, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Papa0

Papa0 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2018
    New Haven, Connecticut
    hey guys I need you help,

Prime Inc VS Schneider for tankers which one is better and why ?

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    You must need training, other wise the answer would be neither.......

Art Vandelay Thanks this.
  4. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I've heard Prime requires a two year employment agreement. That's worse than CRST or England.

If you have a year's experience, you can do much better than those two outfits.

5. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    I have not worked for either but have worked beside both. If you are looking for tanker training and those were the only options I would choose Schneider. Reason being that the Schneider drivers seem to be better trained and supported. But, as stated above, if you have a couple years experience there are better options for you.

6. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Oakley and depending where you live some smaller companies can train you

fuel463 Thanks this.
  7. Thanos

Thanos Bobtail Member

May 12, 2018
    Neverland
    Schneider doesnt have enough freight. Owner operators take most of the loads. But if you're new and looking for good training, no pressure to drive 11 hours a day and learn at a safe comfortable pace, i would gp with scneider. Leave after 6 months after getting the hang of the job

8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    @Opus is the one taking all the freight.

9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    not the tanker stuff, Dave. Just everything else

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  10. Trumpwins

Trumpwins Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2019
    I quitting Schneider like Sunday or Monday. I waited to get my signing bonus first and now using my vacation from Tues thru Saturday. And I'm thinking come back Sunday and quit quietly when 1 lower ranking person is working the office. But would that not qualify as returning to work following PTO? Schneider has a policy you must be at work actively your last day to get paid vacation. Or should I just go on duty but change my Nat to Tues and turn in my truck to the maintenance shop for check engine light on. That should qualify me as returned from vacation but waiting at the OC for repairs.... Hmmm any suggestions on how to do this? I just don't want them scamming me out of my vacation pay I will be taking

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I've never been good at or advocated sneaky stuff, so I don't know what to tell you.

I'm certain some of our residents that are much smarter than I am will be along shortly to give you proper council.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.