Prime Inc vs TMC

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Scvready, Feb 27, 2018.

1. LeadFarmer

LeadFarmer Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2017
    This is the same poster from New driver who called everyone a hater when we said he couldn't make 2K net (not gross) a week in his first years as a company driver. Then said he'd have his own truck, trailer, and authority by now and earning 3-4k/WK net after two years.

And yet he wants to compare working for Prime vs TMC... since you were teaching your cdl instructor how to shift better definitely go with Prime. Every TMC trainer I've met wouldn't put up with your attitude and the company philosophy doesn't match your personality. I've heard there are some laid back trainers at Prime and they'll happily feed your delusions about earning potential with fleece and/or fleece purchase.

Seriously though do the math. 62mph x 66hrs/wk is 4,092 miles and safety threatening your job for not logging a single minute of PTI, loading/unload as on duty. If you somehow avoid every tax and withholding you'd still need .48/mi to make exactly $2K for the week.

If you "need" to average more than $1200/WK net in the first few years truck driving you better get good at hiding migrants and drugs in your trailer.

No amount of calling people haters is going to change the math on this field paying $40-$70k a year to start.

JLH5978 and BigDog Trucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scvready

Scvready Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2017
    Louisiana
    I went with prime I can easily make 2000 gross a week

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2019
  4. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    I hope you do. But I somehow doubt it. Not that I don't have faith in you (don't know you). But I have very little faith in Prime based on talking with several drivers over the years. Good luck!

Reason for edit: Edited quote
    Scvready Thanks this.
  5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Not as some conpany driver...you wont net that that as fleece op either...

JLH5978 Thanks this.
  6. LeadFarmer

Dec 20, 2017
    All talk as usual. It's literally impossible to make that from driving for Prime (unless you make a ton of referral bonuses).

Post your paycheck and/or a pic of your 6,000mi week on your elog 62mph truck and prove us all wrong. It's easyyy right?

7. Scvready

Scvready Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2017
    Louisiana
    58 mph not 62 I don't go that fast. And I don't need miles I need loads @72% of the load why wouldn't anyone gross that much? Because they either like to have a lot of time off or they refuse loads. I don't do either because I'm starting out so I know I need to hustle. What I don't need is to prove anything to you or the likes of you. The money is out there go get it and stop telling people they can't make it. I'm happy you hate me but you only hate me because I'm better than you

JLH5978 Thanks this.
  8. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    I don't doubt at all that you can gross a measly 2k a week as a l/o at prime. I hope you like ramen.

JLH5978 and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  9. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    Refusing $1mi loads, i would too...you are not making anything on those and prime gets mad because you wont run cheap..i spent nearly 2 yrs there so i know...i can say for sure, there's no solo including you that even come close to what im making and i lease a truck but not from a carrier and still have roughly same payments...you're talking $2k...im netting $3k week after all expenses doing flatbed...just saying, i know prime and you have been forewarned...

JLH5978 Thanks this.
  10. LeadFarmer

Dec 20, 2017
    There's no warning this guy you're just another know nothing hater .

Grossing $2k a week as a lo/oo is hilarious when I fill up almost every day for over $400. You'd go bankrupt just in fuel costs if your gross is $2k/wk.

I look at the fuel receipts at the end of the week, remember I have health insurance/dental/401k match I pay peanuts for, and am thankful I'm a company man. YMMV scv but like you said you don't have to prove anything....

Because you can't bwahahaha

JLH5978 Thanks this.
  11. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    What you see on your co's fuel receipt is no where near what they're paying for fuel...co's get big discounts

JLH5978 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.