Prime Inc vs TMC

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Scvready, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Scvready

Scvready Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2017
    Louisiana
    I was told it can't be don't first year. Well here I am. Anyway I know you all can make better than what I'm making at Prime. I haven't even done this for a year yet. Don't you think I need some experience before I start making more than a measly 2K? I'll get there sooner or later. For now I'm ok with the measly 2k till I'm more a experienced.

@LeadFarmer doesn't have any problem with others making money but when I say I want to make money here's butt hurt for some reason.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Just curious, is that 2k before or after your expenses of fuel, insurance, truck payment, and so on?

4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Yeah, you can. ;) Although, it isn't as easy to do now as a Company driver since they nerfed the fuel bonus. They dropped a rung or two on the ladder when they did that.

5. Scvready

Dec 16, 2017
    Louisiana
    After fuel and truck payment. Before I pay taxes though

6. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Ok... if you're happy with the that, then by all means... just know that as a company driver I'm averaging around 1700 a week without the headaches, and I'm only in the truck 4years come July

7. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Are you running legal loads that don't require paperwork fondling at weigh stations or something else? Apples and oranges?

8. Scvready

Dec 16, 2017
    Louisiana
    If you read my first post ever I said my goal is 3k-5k weekly. I got ridiculed by everyone who said it isn't possible. I knew back then as I know now that I need some experience. With all do respect you have 4 years on me so I don't expect to be making what you're making right in my first year. I'm happy with what I'm making as a beginner. I was told it isn't possible and I can see for myself that it is. That's why I reply to questions from new drivers like myself because most people on here are giving bad advice and telling people there is no money in trucking. There is money in trucking they just don't know how to get it.

After 4 years of you are comfortable making 1700 them by all means.... My goals are much bigger and I won't achieve them as a company driver.

9. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Mix of legal and oversize, ive yet to have to go through inspections at scales since signing on over here, my permits are all handled via my companies very skilled permit dept that is ran by several former drivers. I as the driver has some input, but in the end its up to the states to approve our route requests.

10. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Ive been in the seat for 4years only been here for 9months, my goals are much higher as well. I just hate to see someone who thinks prime is the tits where you could buy a decent used truck with $5000 down and then lease it on someplace making a hell of a lot higher gross with less expenses

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  11. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I didn't imply inspections, they still want you to go in and show them your paperwork. The thread isn't about OSW anyway, and you want to jump in with your non legal loads and try to stick out your chest about how much you make compared to mega carriers. Get out of here.

I made more than that running stupid boring stuff running slow in the right lane with Prime. I'm not saying Prime is the cat's meow, It's just sad that people think they are doing better when they really aren't. You think Prime drivers are getting the shaft? I got news for you. :D

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.