Prime Intermodal

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Chucktaylor, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Chucktaylor

Chucktaylor Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Prime has a brand new trailer parked at the terminal with "Prime Inc. Intermodal Transportation" splashed across the side.

That's one more trailer I can scratch off my list if I get to pull it.

Its like a bucket list. Yoplait, Wreaths Across America, O&S, Prime Floral, Prime Inc, etc.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. getn2it

getn2it Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2011
    houston,tx
    No WAL-mart? ive pulled that intermodal that starts with PRIZ

4. Chucktaylor

Sep 26, 2012
    Yeah I've pulled wal mart. PRIZ too.

No, this one has "Intermodal" splashed in big letters on the sides. Has its own logo in addition to the typical Prime Inc. graphic.

5. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    They're mostly used up here in the northeast. Quite a few up here... pulled by local's to and from intermodal facilities. If you remember "BigCheese," he saw a trainload of Prime Intermodal trailers a month or two ago. I've only seen one Prime trailer on a train myself. The 120-series trailers are marked "PRIZ" - and generally if you see a "PRIZ" trailer parked at a facility we do drop n' hooks from, you should pass it up and find a regular one if you're looking for an empty.

6. Chucktaylor

Sep 26, 2012
    Duh. Can you be more patronizing?

i maybe new here but I've been around the Prime block for quite a few years.

im fully aware of the whole intermodal business and how long Prime has been involved. I run I40 almost exclusively with my students and trainees. I've seen dozens if not hundreds of Prime trailers on trains over the last 2 or 3 years.

what I haven't seen is the new trailers with the huge "Prime inc Intermodal" painted on the sides. Or the half road half train track logo. If that's something that's been around for a few years then I apologize for my excitement at spotting one.

7. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Ah! Well, since you train, you'll understand there are a lot of very new students reading this as well - not just old masters. Sometimes, the point doesn't get across to the newbs unless you spell it out.

Too bad your skin is so thin.

knuckledragger and catpwred Thank this.
  8. Highway101

Highway101 Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Fallon, Nevada
    Bunch of them out in Stockton also at the yard there, had to drag on east last month, after I cleaned out the wooden bulk heads. They did not have the standard trailers. But that said, pretty nice trailers

9. Chucktaylor

Sep 26, 2012
    Alright. It's very common to see a Prime truck pulling a Wal mart trailer in the Northeast.

im at CHDSLC and looking at a Prime lightweight hooked to a fairly new looking Walmart dry van. Parked on a break.

Did we get a DC contract up this way or is this something you see every time you are out west IP?

10. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Hadn't heard that we picked up a contract at Corrine or Tooele... we have been pulling Walmart loads that they don't have the capacity to power. It's usually just spot freight, nothing long-term.

11. KAW

KAW Bobtail Member

May 27, 2012
    Pueblo, Co
    There's a DC in Maine we pull out of. have their own Prime office on site.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.