Prime lease ripoff

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by otr48, Sep 3, 2012.

1. crazy4chrome

crazy4chrome Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Chicago Il
    A lease?.....More like a grand a month.
    :biggrin_25523:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Yep...........

4. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Don't most of their company driver gross 1K a week ?

Lease should net that at least.

5. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Ask them, its been awhile since I was on the company side. If all you're looking at is the cash, you probably should be working on Wall Street. There are the intangibles as well. Being your own boss is one that I got used to in a previous career. Then there's the satisfaction gained from running a successful business. I don't chase miles any longer either - I can't tell you how satisfying that is.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  6. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    the term clear is net

7. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    I believe that is what is generally understood.

8. crzyjarmans

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Success is difined diffrently by some, What some see as success, could be seen by other as fail, eveyones opinion is diffrent, I known a few leasers, that have even paid off there tractors, when they still had a payment they where clearing over a grand a week, and they where happy with that, Now on why would one want to lease?, Maybe they made some bad choises in there past and couldnt get financed through a dealer, and the only way they could get into a truck was a lease, all company leases have high truck payments, but at lest some do actually let you pay off your truck, Will you pay more for that truck than if you got one from a dealer?, YES, but it's a start, They might not make much more than a company driver would, considering bennifits?, even not as much as a company driver, But like I said, Everyones opinion on success is diffrent, If someone is happy with what they have, then just be happy for them,

To the OP, Really? One week!!, Most leasees dont make money hand over fist!, thats just fact, I said it before, If you have lease ops telling you there making that kind of money, make them prove it!, Have them get on the web page for said company and bring up there settlrment, and show you, I've done this myself, Everyone that told me they make that kind of money refused, Now, Why would you refuse if what you said was true?, Because it's a LIE, But give it some time before you through your hands up and quit

9. mamamullins

mamamullins Medium Load Member

May 4, 2011
    Ingalls, IN
    I own my own business, and I work 24/7. The hours are long...the responsibilities are enormous...and the pay is very minimal, but I wouldn't change it for a minute. Well, okay you got me there...I would charge for doing all this laundry, dishes, housework, yard work, etc..etc..etc..etc.

All joking aside..ironpony is right. If you do not have the experience or know how to treat it like a business then you will not succeed. The most important thing is to have a business plan developed to expect the best and worst out of any circumstance. Now, my husband and I ran a construction business, but when the economy tanked...so did the work. However, I was the one to do all of the leg work with getting all tax accounts set up with the State, Federal, and County. I also had to make sure our licensing with the state was correct, the insurance coverage was correct, and that the surety bond was in effect. I kept track of all the books, and the taxes at the end of the year. I also have worked in the trucking industry for 7 years...but I was in the office doing the hands on work. Now...he had the experience in commercial and residential construction, and he worked out in the field.

He is looking into a L/P with a company that he is starting with. I told him that before he signs any contract that it has to come to me to look it over and read. Why? That is where my experience comes in...and I know where all the little % here and % there, and cpm here and cpm there add up. Most company drivers that went over to L/P had the dream of having their own truck, but didn't realize what it really took to conserve fuel, have the essentials in the truck to eat instead of eating at truckstops 3x a day 7 days a week, and to set aside the taxes needed to pay State, Federal, and County taxes. Knowledge is power...and if someone wants to be a l/p person then I highly suggest talking to an O/O first to see what it really entails.

10. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    One other thing... it so totally beats the heck out of being a company driver mileage wage-slave.

11. crzyjarmans

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    There is one advantage to being a L/P over a Dealer purchuse?, If you find you need to get off the road due to a illness in family, or other reason?, and there is no work at home you can put your truck to work at?, Alot of leases you can walk away from, where if you got a loan from a bank or ? to buy a truck, your stuck with that payment

mamamullins Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.