Prime losing contract

Discussion in 'Prime' started by postmandav, Jul 1, 2016.

1. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant

Betcha if I did go ask for that raise, it might happen? Know why? Been there & done that......and more than a measly penny. Truck is clean, by the way. I'm still in it, too.

Yep, you got me figured out. Nothing but a big sucker that's been had all the way.

I sure am a sucker making what I have over my first three years. Terrible, terrible situation. How could I have ever thought about making such a mistake? Talk about bad life choices. And, to think that with the business plan in place for next year, it will get even better? Good lord........somebody stop me now!

I should really consider spending 18yrs of my life striving to settle in for less than I am making now. Yeah, that's the ticket. Move backwards from where I am currently. Then I would know all & have everything figured out. Could then epouse about how everybody is doing it all wrong. Set all those poor suckers straight! LOL (THIS is what cracks ME up!) ROTFL

You have your situation, others have there's. Everyone should do what's right for themselves. Nothing wrong with that if it works & they are happy. No reason to be disparaging others for what they do in their situation.

You are correct on contracts, though. I'll give you that. It will usually come down to the bottom line in the end, most of the time. But, satisfaction with service will always be a deciding factor, too. We are "the service". It is a factor. Does no good to go with the cheapest apparent route, if the job doesn't get done & is rife with problems. Could cost more in the bigger scheme of things.

I'll also give you the fact that most are typically just a body in a truck at most companies. And, a typical driver are what most are. But...... & a big but at that......They always know whom their producers are & whom can be depended on without fail, because that DOES affect their bottom line. Any business owner is highly cognate of that. That DEFINATELY enters into the equation in how things may go for those individuals. Preferential treatment? Sure. But, it is all about the bottom line.
    Stand out from the pack & it may make quite a difference. But, remain average & you will always be treated as such. To expect anything different is nieve.

Oh well, everyone's got an opinion. Know what they say 'bout that.....

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    Highway101 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FullMetalJacket

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    $1500 in the drawing 2yrs ago, here.

:biggrin_25525:

4. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Not bad for a "sucker". ;)

FullMetalJacket and redoctober83 Thank this.
  5. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    When I was working the Walmart account in Olney 3 Christmases ago they paid, $1,000 for staying out all December, $200 extra a day you ran from the 21st to the 28th, so another $1,400 plus another $500 for Christmas day.

Yeah, was a sucker as well. My parents had no problem celebrating Christmas when I got home on 30th and I made an extra $2,900 plus my regular load pay. Oh and an extra $200 comdata card for not making it to the company Christmas party.

Yep, big sucker here for sure. I would do that again anytime.

6. Chucktshoes

Chucktshoes Medium Load Member

May 23, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    Actually, you were a bit of a sucker. I said no to the $200 per day, so they came back at me a couple of days later offering $300 per day. Gotta negotiate. ;)

7. FullMetalJacket

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    :laughing3: :sign5: :salute:

:laughing-guffaw:

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  8. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Yeah Yeah, I know I should have waited longer.

9. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Ditto. Chuck's a funny f.....I mean a funny sucker. :D

Fellas we maybe suckers but at least were suckers with money. I'm sure the other guy will back to protest, just as soon as his dispatcher approves a cash advance so he can pay for the truck stop wifi.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    FullMetalJacket and redoctober83 Thank this.
  10. Josh_

Josh_ Light Load Member

May 22, 2015
    You avg. 2500miles / wk? $1.40rpm correct on reefer YTD?

11. Josh_

Josh_ Light Load Member

May 22, 2015

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.