Prime losing contract

Discussion in 'Prime' started by postmandav, Jul 1, 2016.

1. ChuckTaylor13

ChuckTaylor13 Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2016
    Are these numbers after fuel and expenses? Net?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChuckTaylor13

Apr 5, 2016
    Thinking of bringing my truck over as well.

4. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Those numbers look correct. That is what you would take after expense like fuel, lease pay, etc. You would still need to deal with taxes, but that's a different conversation.

FullMetalJacket and nofreetime Thank this.
  5. ChuckTaylor13

Apr 5, 2016
    And we're talking with my own authority correct?

6. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    That's just the basic lease side of prime as a lease operator with one of there trucks under there authority.

BigSky and nofreetime Thank this.
  7. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    I listed which #'s were net.

To be fair I'm very sceptical that those #'s could be duplicated by a driver who was new here. It took several years for me to get to the point I'm at now with Prime. My truck is payed off and I also don't really take hometime. The four days I took off in Q2 of last year was the last time I've taken hometime other than a 1/2 day every 4-8 wks while passing though on a load which is just enough time to take care of a few errands at home and go back to work. Actually I've been trying like hell to remember when I had actual hometime last for awhile now and reading this post from last year reminded me, lol. I'll take hometime in June when I go on vacation( really looking forward to it:cool:), and probably work until the following X-MAS, which is the norm for me.

Anyone that wants to duplicate my #'s would have the best luck by doing so the same way I do, get the truck payed off, limit hometime to only about 1 day per month, set the cruise at 58mph, keep a safe driving record, never go anywhere late, never get critical events, never get rude with a customer, and establish a several year long good relationship with the company and be willing to both wait for that to happen and to work for it. Doing all of these things over the course of several years has lead me to the level of success that I now enjoy with Prime. I'm sure others can be successful here and take more hometime than I but I'm not sure that they can match my #'s. If anyone was hoping for an overnight quick and easy success plan, please let me know when you find one.

Correct red. But I listed both ways as lease op with one of Prime's trucks and the lease payment deducted, and as an OO with no truck payment deducted.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  8. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Yeah I saw that. Didn't think I had to point that out, but this is the internet, lol.

I was assuming that when he asked if that was running under my authority he was thinking the only to see those numbers was by having your own authority and working with prime like I'm doing right now.

By the way, your plan for success at prime is very accurate. Limit your home time, build relationships, and prove that you are a very good business and business owner to work with. That doesn't happen overnight, just like most new drivers aren't offered a dedicated account position at orientation. You have prove yourself first before those positions come available.

nofreetime and FullMetalJacket Thank this.
  9. CallMeTawanda

CallMeTawanda Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Bremerton, WA
    I was supposed to get a load to Lewiston from Florida..they canx it and paid me anyway. Now I guess I know why.

10. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    They HAVE NOT lost the account. LOL

In fact, they are increasing what they handle up there with that dedicated account.

Know one of the dispatchers whom trained on my board & moved up there. Was not that long ago I was up there & spoke to him.

In fact, I got a guy up there in one of our other trucks delivering an OTR load in right now.

:biggrin_25525:

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  11. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Back at Lewiston, and all is still well & busy. Still expanding this account. Definately opportunities to be had up here on this dedicated & definitely no lack of work. Can pretty much stay as busy as you want to. Good bunch of folks running it, to boot.

In fact, they are putting in facilities for our own drivers that should be done by July 4th.

Least we will have our own showers & break room now.

If I wasn't such an OTR junkie, I'd hop on here in a heartbeat.

redoctober83 and PChase Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.