Prime losing contract

Discussion in 'Prime' started by postmandav, Jul 1, 2016.

1. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Spent several days talking to many of the folks in charge while I was there.

All seems to be working out well, & not even talk or rumors of this nature. There are still opportunities to be had there for our folks that live close by. In fact, there is more than enough freight for one to stay as busy as desired.

One of the reasons I volunteered to contribute while there was to do my part keeping this customer happy. I've always had good experiences with all the folks there (both Walmart & Prime), & would like to see our good working relationship continue. I also want to see this dedicated option remain open for our folks that live around there, including my students, even though I'm an OTR junkie. So, I offer to lend a hand whenever there, especially around holidays, even though it may tie me up for short while. All worth it in the big picture.

Contract is NOT up for bid. Best indication that something is up will be if contract DOES, indeed, go up for bid. This will tell you one of two things:

1. That they may possibly be dissatisfied with service they are getting, or....

2. They are shopping the market for cost savings

Neither seem to be the case right now. But, as with all things business........one can never predict the future with infallible accuracy. Change happens all the time for many unpredictable reasons. But, things seem to be going just fine there in the "here & now". Hope the succesfull relationship continues on for a long time

:yes2557: :biggrin_25525:

postmandav Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. postmandav

postmandav Medium Load Member

May 18, 2008
    south portland, maine
    how heavy do the wal Mart loads generally ruin?

4. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    It's all going to vary.

5. bsmoove

bsmoove Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Actually per Personnel at Prime, the average lease driver makes $1100. It never said you would make that amount t said the average which is overall

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  6. bsmoove

Jan 10, 2015
    Many cases it's not the driver doing something wrong or not wanting to work not even being new. Sales dictates where loads go so because you earn a certain amount doesn't mean another will who is out longer and takes what they get. You need to live in reality. Even at different companies, drivers earn different amounts. It's not always the drivers fault and at Prime, I've experienced at one point in time of being flamed with bad load afte bad load so you can paint a nice picture in the sky for the noobs or those outside, but in reality, sales co trolls the loads, not your dispatcher who waits on sales to send loads out. Nice marketing scheme to try to convince others it's always the drivers fault but as usual in many cases it isn't.

7. bsmoove

Jan 10, 2015
    You certainly aren't making any $ working up in Lewiston Maine lol. Will all that crap you hauling along with the tolls for Walmart lol. I do a lot better and work less. Enjoy Maine

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Reason for edit: Needed to add info
  8. bsmoove

Jan 10, 2015
    If you are a REAL OWNER OP with Prime making those numbers, I feel sad for you buddy. $2600 with no truck payment is low for a paid off truck sorry and if you leading and earning $1400--1600 that's still too low. Lol. You are just being raped. Better off working on the logistic side earning near $4k week. It's nice to know you did ok but in reality and law of averages, the average driver who works and is available will earn $1100 leading and leasing backs that up with all drivers. I love met guys accepting every load and earning only $8-1000 a week with good fuel average soooo apparently they didn't do nothing wrong. They just didn't get the good loads. If you are sent multiple loads at near $1 rates that include fuel surcharge, you aren't going to well. $1600 isn't even good for a lease op if you can be a company driver and make $1300 a week. $300 dollar difference isn't much if your tires pop or truck goes down. Reality sets in.

NavigatorWife and LindaPV Thank this.
  9. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    So can a Prime company driver.

10. bsmoove

Jan 10, 2015
    Well some guys don't believe that but I see many Company guys earn $1500 weekly and home every weekend. I don't think they are refer but instead dry vsn and have good experience.

11. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    I guess they don't teach grammar in troll school.

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.