Prime ordered to reinstate driver

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Tazz, Mar 27, 2010.

1. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    That's not true. Maverick will tell you that your safety and others safety is more important than the load. They would have rescheduled the delivery. They are not a jacked up co. Any co that the DM's pay is effected by the load is asking for trouble. You think most DM's would say park it if it effected their pay?

Ridgerunner665 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Jeez guy's:biggrin_2556:

I posted this to show three things.

1:A driver made sure there was documentation of her decision(Keeping it on q-com)

2:Sticking with her decision despite attempts at coercion

3:Instead of just taking the bad DAC she fought for her decision and won

Never mind.

This will rapidly turn into a urinating contest so forget it.

onelikeseabass Thanks this.
  4. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Note to the moderator feel free to file in a circular file please.

Thank you

Taz

5. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Then don't compare a company like maverick with prime.

Ridgerunner665 Thanks this.
  6. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Had a load to take over Cabbage, etc. this winter when the road closed. Prime didn't have a problem letting me delay for 24 hours until conditions improved, and rescheduled the appointment.

7. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I have been with both co's. I feel entitled to compare jacked up with good.

8. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    You worked for the FLATBED DIVISION not REEFER DIVISION. Different animals.

You make the stretch that one jacked up FM is the entire company - NOT!

You know where you can put your "entitled."

9. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Get close enough and I will.......

10. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Now you know that he knows more in 2 years than your monkey but ever will. :biggrin_25524: :biggrin_25523: :biggrin_25522:

11. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    This issue was posted her on the forums almost 2 weeks ago when it was reported on a "trucking lawyer" blog.

The discussion lasted a couple hours, and then "poof" the entire thread disapeared. Nothing heated... nothing disrepectfull... gone.

So lets try this again.... here is the decision...
    http://www.oalj.dol.gov/Decisions/A...009STA00047_(MAR_15_2010)_081204_CADEC_SD.HTM

The Fleet Manager was wrong to send the message... "chain up ASAP" but there was quite a few other problems with this driver that led to that frustration.

The ruling was correct, as this incident was pretty much the final straw for the Fleet Manager to reccomend her termination to his managers.

Took her 6 days to get from Lancaster PA to Reno and she was supposed to deliver in Medford OR. Team with a trainee...

Trainee complained to Fleet Manager... called her "bi-polar" and has an unpleasant attitude... wouldnt let her drive... (I will give her pass on this, she is quoted as saying her trainne was an unsafe driver, However) She wouldnt even let her practice backing or work with her on pre-trips while sitting...

Come on she was averaging 1699 miles PER WEEK over her four month employment... Were talking OCT-DEC... Her Fleet Manager testified that she was out on the road just as much as the other drivers in the fleet, however she spent less time actually driving.... often she would call it a day after delivery or some other excuse.

I delivered a load this early this morning... imagine if I told them I was going to bed afterwards... I got a quick 300 miler, delivered it this afternoon, and now I am dispatched on another tommorow morning... all legal, and on e-log.

Bottom line... She was a mediocre or sub-par driver at best. She probably should have been fired... However, she was fired for the weather incident... which I agree was illegal. The Fleet Manager screwed up.

I have been in two such incidents where I felt the need to shut down because of weather. No complaints and no pressure from my Fleet Manager. Simply a message of concern, then asking if possible keep him updated on the situation and provide an ETA when I get rolling again.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.