Prime ordered to reinstate driver

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Tazz, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Because the FM urged her to, as mine has on occasion and she went along with the idea for the money. And they are desperate for female trainers. There are not many of them and more women want to drive. Therefore, she was accepted into the trainer program because she is female. And this is coming from another woman. She proved herself to be problematic when she could not drive more than 1700 miles per week. Can't drive in the rain...wind...ice....snow....at night...Nobody can be successful in this business if they are only a fairweather driver.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sazook

sazook Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    Also of note, in the ruling, the judge does state that Prime did have cause to fire her.

4. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    Maybe that says something about Prime if they are so desperate for trainers - that they would allow an admittedly sub-par driver to train students.

It just boils down to money, and if it was adequate, trainers - male and female would be lining up.

She just accomplished what so many failed L/O's wish they could do - got her "ducks in a row", built a case, got a good attorney, and found the perfect opportunity (FM's screwup) and made a bundle.

Maybe she did suck as a truck driver, but it looks like there's plenty of blame to go around.

5. dannyb1212000

dannyb1212000 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2009
    somerset KY
    I know the lawyer that handled this case, his name is paul taylor and his firm was called "Truckers Justice Center"

He took care of something for me and won. It was only minor compared to this and I am not soliciting on his behalf, just sharing my story. He can take a trucking company and turn them on their heads, guy knows how to do it. If you ever get fired for refusing to do something unsafe call that guy or a guy like him, he will get resluts in a federal court. It was three days after I spoke to him that i had a person from OSHA, another from US DEPT of LABOR, and the Federal DOT calling me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.