Prime: Orientation and Training?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by guamboy, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Dix_

Dix_ Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2010
    W.Poland, ME
    Said it before...will say it again... we don't call 'em MASSholes fer nuthin'. :biggrin_25523:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. grumpygroundhog

grumpygroundhog Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Doesn't sound normal. I would simply have him call his fleet manager, and explain the situation. I have taken quite a few students that have had problems with their previous instructor. All of them took their training seriously and passed with no problems....

NewbieTruckerWife78 Thanks this.
  4. NewbieTruckerWife78

NewbieTruckerWife78 Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2011
    His trainer told him he won't be back to Missouri until around the 27th for my husband to do his CDL testing- would that be a good time to do a switch so there aren't any hard feelings? My man isn't trying to rock the boat, he just wants to pass.

5. alorenz

alorenz Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Chandler, AZ
    Got scheduled for Prime orientation at Salt Lake for this Monday . . . but since I already have my CDL from a training school and my birth certificate is with the Post Office for my passport application, I'll have to wait for the 26th and hopefully either my b.c. will come back to me before I leave or the one I order from vitalcheck will get delivered to Salt Lake so I can go.

6. DragonTamerBrat

DragonTamerBrat Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Probably. Most drivers try to stay the heck away from SpringMO as much as possible. Mostly because getting OUT of SpringMO can be challenging. Tell him to clench his teeth, and say "I'm sorry you feel that way" out loud while cussing up a storm inside his head.

7. NewbieTruckerWife78

Sep 16, 2011
    Next question- My man didn't get his $200 on his card this week-- what can he do being that it is a saturday?

8. NewbieTruckerWife78

Sep 16, 2011
    Might I add that his FM isn't in, either is payroll or accounting,....any help again would be nice...thank you.

9. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    Is it not on his card, or is he trying to withdraw $200 and not taking into account the ATMs service fee.

I have payroll put $100 on my card every week from my pay... Every couple weeks I get "insufficient funds" denial trying to withdraw $100. I then just withdraw $80, and the balance is used to pay the fees for the next couple weeks.

10. NewbieTruckerWife78

Sep 16, 2011
    Nope- says no funds-- but his trainer is having it fixed and for all the other stuff is being cool with floating him a coupla bucks until it is fixed,...monday at the latest. I hope it looks up for my husband, because he is a hard worker...I am the worrier.

11. NewbieTruckerWife78

Sep 16, 2011
    Today my husbands fabulous fleet manager took care of the funds issue and he is good to go- now if he could only talk his trainer into teaching him to back up the rig...apparently the trainer thinks 24 hours before my man tests for his CDL is time to learn...I hope so. If my man doesn't learn everything he needs from this trainer, does he go out with another trainer or is he washed out?---------> and thank you for all of your help for a newbiewife.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.