Prime pet owners.

Discussion in 'Prime' started by PChase, Sep 5, 2017.

1. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    this is a new thread ...(I'm sure there may be others.)---for prime drivers who have pets on the truck.
    Let's give advice or stories about our critter companions.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I'll hopefully soon be a Prime driver.
    I have a cat. Am sure I'll be able to find a place for her to stay while in training. Around the terminal somewhere? Either Salt Lake or Springfield. Don't know which yet. Probably Salt Lake. I'll be coming with my class A. I won't argue with the recruiter.
    Anyhow... my cat will be riding with me after training. She's a sweetie. Had her since I lived in an apartment. I love animals. Wasn't fair to try to keep a dog in an apartment.
    Noticed your call sign. I'm considering getting my HAM back. I was KC0QXU.

4. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    If you have the choice, go to Springfield for your training. The Salt Lake terminal is very very small.. Springfield is night and day difference.

5. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Thank you. I know, if I end up moving. I'd rather move to Springfield. Real estate prices appear much lower than Salt Lake.

6. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Well you don't have to live near a terminal. I was just meaning for training. Go to Springfield if you can, it's 1000 times nicer. Springfield has a actual campus with hotel, food ect and That's not even the actual Millennial terminal, which has a gym, basketball court, brand new training pad ect..ect..

Salt lake terminal is very small. Doesn't have a cafeteria and for the most part the drivers lounge is just a single room. I didn't see the class areas but it certainly isn't anything close to Springfield. They are building a new building at Salt Lake, but it wont be open for a while.

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  7. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Actually the new building should be open this month at slc. At least the new inbound outbound building.

8. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    I am open to moving, someday. Gotta sell my house first.
    I'd kinda rather live near a terminal. That way I can get maintenance and stuff done to the truck while I'm at home. Don't waste time.
    I'm looking forward to running around the country with my cat. She's a sweetie.
    Like I said; I'm not cat crazy. Just love animals. Better company than people. Maybe a dog later. I'll see.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.