Prime Salt Lake

Discussion in 'Prime' started by morpheus, Feb 3, 2017.

1. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    A bit of work left on it, but it's "up" now. :)
    Prefab concrete; came in and set it up in a few weeks. Crazy fast.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Well aren't you just the badly swollen and infected left nostril.

Improving a terminal takes time there Mr "I-want-it-now-so-I-only-know-how-use-a-microwave"

Thst big building behind the terminal that's under construction...

That's the new shop. They have to get it finished first before they can renovate the current terminal building there.

If you think the current SLC yard is a dump you should have seen the old one.

FullMetalJacket and redoctober83 Thank this.
  4. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Ummm You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. If you walk to the east side of the current shop and look at the big building being built, that's Rob Lowe's new shop. The broke ground on that thing just over a year ago now.

If you go to the shop foreman's office, you'll see the most recent set of plans and realize just how huge that new building will be. It'll be bigger than the driver line up and detail building at SpriMo combined.

Besides, what we have now at salt lake looks like a sprimo compared to the old facility!

If you're not aware of this little fact, Rob pays for everything in cash. There is no debt on any of his buildings. Even the new Z building was paid for in cash. He made sure he had the money saved up for it before they even broke ground.

That's how a smart business owner stays afloat in down times and prospers while the competition fails. Just keep that in mind when you go out and buy what you wanted right now on credit.

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  5. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    The old terminal.......LOL!

Yeah, SLC not the greatest, but all good things come in time. Gives you an idea how valuable Swift considers their drivers! LOL It was a LOT worse when we first bought it.

Been a plan in the works for quite some time. He kept going back & forth whether to improve, or level & start over. Glad he takes his time to think things through & try to do things right the 1st time, rather than making rash decisions.

6. Mark Falcone

Mark Falcone Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Bronx, NY
    I had no idea. Haven't been there in a while. Your absolutely right I looked it up. All that cash. Your right no debt its paid for. He definitely treats us well. I hope its finished soon. We need decent showers and a cafeteria over there. Eating out of vending machines suck!!! Lmao!!!!

7. Mark Falcone

Jun 15, 2013
    Bronx, NY
    I remember the old one too driver. Lmao!!! Ahhh memories....

8. Mark Falcone

Jun 15, 2013
    Bronx, NY
    Man you boys are tough!!! I'm patient. I'm not a disgruntle Prime L/O, I love my carrier.

9. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    They have a highend vending machine there now that is almost a cafiteria. But I'll be happy when they do get a full Cafiteria.

10. archangelic peon

archangelic peon Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    At least the old terminal didn't have a shop wait time rivaling Springfield's, had friendly people working it, didn't tag EVERY empty trailer you brought in as 'out of service' without having any empties to replace it, had a washout that didn't require blocking someone to be in line for, & most of all...did not have an entirerly blindside drop trailer row #2 not spaced far enough apart from row #1 just so they could squeeze an inadequate test pad on the end.

Only good thing about new term is it's a little farther from downtown & the Maverick across the street, we avoid it like the plague regardless.

11. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    The current terminal has an "honor store"

(It did last time I was there)

Basically a series of reach in coolers and a payment kiosk.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.