Prime Success Leasing

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by JojoTheTruckDriver, Mar 20, 2016.

1. JojoTheTruckDriver

JojoTheTruckDriver Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Baltimore Maryland
    Is anyone here doing success leasing with prime? Pros and Cons?
    Is it a walkaway lease?
    How long do they excuse the first payment?

Any info helps, please and thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Aren't you still in training??? And you want to know details about leasing. Are you considering leasing when you get out of training????

4. JojoTheTruckDriver

Mar 15, 2016
    Baltimore Maryland
    Yeah I have like 2 weeks left.
    Im being trained by a L/O. Just wanted opinions on it. Bc as of now I'm hearing all good things no cons really and I know when I get back, Prime is most likely going to give me the good side as well, IF I do choose to lease, I do not want to walk into it blindly, is all.

5. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Good Luck. :)

Carpe Diem. :cool:

Caveat Emptor. :oops:

sevenmph, Lepton1, Longarm and 3 others Thank this.
  6. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

If you're asking, it means you're probably suspicious...

7. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Cool. So what about leasing gets you interested in trying it? Were you looking at the trainers checks and thinking it might be an opportunity?

8. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Leasing a truck is like on the movie Goodfellas when you went into business with Paul "Paulie" Cicero....

"Now the guy's got Prime as a partner. Any problems, he goes to Prime. Trouble with the load? He can go to Prime. Trouble with the receiver , he can call Prime. But now the guy's gotta come up with Prime's money every week, no matter what. Business bad? #### you, pay me. Oh, you have to take some time off? #### you, pay me. Truck blew a DPF, huh? #### you, pay me!"

9. purpleprime

purpleprime Medium Load Member

May 30, 2013
    spickard, mo
    I lease , on my second lease not sure if I'll finish it simply because I'm looking for local work,
    A hard working company driver can make the same money a lease driver can , so if the money is what you think sounds nice just go company and work your ### off .
    Biggest reason I lease is because I've seen and heard the way some dispatchers talk to company drivers ( you are going to do this repower or you are going to take your empty trailer 400 miles to drop it before you go home and I don't care if it means you don't get there till Saturday morning you will still be ready to roll Monday.) Yes I heard a dispatcher say those words over the phone to a driver . I'm sure not all of them are arseholes..
    For me it's about that little bit and I mean little bit of extra freedom. If I want to stay out long enough to bank enough money to go home for a month I do. And no one says a word about it. If I want to fuel in joplin instead of the yard I do because I can.

Yes it is a walk away lease but that doesn't mean you will walk away without owing money. If you are negative when you turn the truck in yo will owe that balance plus whatever they decide you owe for damages to the truck and t.hey will nit pick the crap out of that truck when you turn it in.

10. Longarm

Longarm Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Never thought of it that way but yeah, that's pretty much it , heh.

TheFriscoKid and pete1 Thank this.
  11. JojoTheTruckDriver

Mar 15, 2016
    Baltimore Maryland
    Thats exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks bro. I plan on staying out at least 6 months straight, to stack up and get more experience. So just trying to take the best route with the least amount of stress possible.

12. JojoTheTruckDriver

Mar 15, 2016
    Baltimore Maryland
    Lmfao. No his checks are horrible, he's picky with loads and there's always something wrong with his tractor or the trailers that we pick up. Me personally, im interested in company more so than lease, but yes with lease you make percentage, more money and more freedom. No forced loads. (Even tho I don't plan on being picky with my loads).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.