Prime Tanker

Discussion in 'Prime' started by augiedoggie41, Jul 25, 2017.

1. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    I drove for a fleet partnered with MCT (Comcar) with the terminal down the street from a potato farm in Wauseon, OH. That place was total bull #### always leaving absurdly over weight pre-loaded reefer trailers or so Front-Heavy I couldn't balance them sliding either the tandems or even the 5th Wheel.

And @Chinatown is right about many grocery warehouse people being dickheads.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. augiedoggie41

augiedoggie41 Light Load Member

May 21, 2017
    I can't thank everybody enough. I sincerely appreciate all this information and advice.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Mike's been having his issues lately, himself. I'm SO glad I've never hauled potatoes; heard MANY a horror story there~!! You'd almost need a giant squeegee or rake to even some of those loads. Then, the truck wash nightmare. Dang.

Best wishes, man. Better things are on the horizon.

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  5. Broshears

Broshears Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Pleasant Hill, Mo
    Augiedoggie41, whichever path you choose I wish you the best of luck.

Going tanker from the beginning may be hard due to the fact there's not that many instructors for tanker. You may have to train with a reefer instructor then switch over to tanker. Or you may get lucky and able to get a an instructor from the tanker side right of the gate. It's hard to say I've only met a few tanker drivers and only one of them was a instructor and trainer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.