Prime Trainer Program

Discussion in 'Prime' started by mikel, Jan 21, 2008.

1. tiledood

tiledood Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Heartland, Florida
    Per my notes dated 3/25/08, "Daniel says no Florida". I see their trucks drive through the heartland area once in a while, so that probably changes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    Hey Paul,

I just went throught this myself.

Read section 1,2,3, 5, & 6.

Allow me to make a suggestion to you. Take small bites. Browse through each section casually. Then read some parts of the one that catches your eye. Then move around from there to other areas that intrest you. After this read the section it's self. This will help you get through the material much more easily.

Now here's what I did. I found the smallest section, tankers. Went through it I like I said above. Then read it front to back. After I was finished I said oh that wasn't that bad. Then I looked around somemore.

The first and second section are actually EASY. It just looks like alot. The first section is also very small, much of the info is just like a regular driving test.

DO NOT GET HUNG UP ON THE AMOUNT OF INFORMATION OR THE SIZE OF THE BOOK. Just do it, don't think about it.

I can tell by your question youmaybe hung up on the size of the book. Rememeber small bites.

I hope this is helpful. It's always fun to learn something new.

:biggrin_25520:

4. tripleT

tripleT Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2008
    America
    Just a quick question here,

If I do not have a CDL, and I want to be a company driver, does this mean I only need to do the week class and three or four weeks out with a trainer, then I can test out as a Company driver, or would I still need to go out for 5-6 months?

5. newtodriving42

newtodriving42 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2008
    miami , fl
    i went to primes school in mo, you go through "i would not call it a class" but the first two days are finger printing, drug screen, physical, you have to study on your own for the permit, if you don't pass you go home, if you make it past the first few days, you get on a truck for what is suppose to be 100 hundred hours of drive time, me and three other guys in my class were out for 170 plus hours, because you are low budget slave labor, and the trainers keep you out as long as they can squeeze it.
    then you go back and get the cdl , after that you hit the road for a min of 50,000 miles, 70,000 miles if you want lease your own truck. just be prepared to drive well over the legal limit, because prime sets retarted time frames for deliveries, so you will lie on your log books everday, and learn how to drive with little or no sleep. once again you are cheap slave labor and they squeeze as much out of you as they can !!!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  6. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    You can get your permit at Prime. Your suppose to due 100 hours of driving with your permit, out on the road with a cdl trainer. This maybe end up being more than 100 hours for one reason or another, their making money on you. This is counted as 10,000 miles towards your total required 60,000. You do 50,000 miles as a trainee, with a so called trainer before you go company. This is nothing more than a way to extract cheap labor and a way to get people to drive teams because basically driving team sucks, and no one real wants to do it. This last 10 weeks and probably more. Then you can go solo at .30 a mile for 20,000 miles, after that you get a raise.

Really the company wants you to pay your dues as a cheap team driver. They have cleverly disguise this dues process by calling it a training program. It would be less deceitful if they came up with a new name for this so called training program.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  7. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    For someone with NO experience you really seem to know what you are talking about....

As someone who HAS experience with this particular situation, I did my 60k , and only got a taste of all the possible things you could run into out there. Ive got another 20k under my belt and Im still asking questions.

So yes, lets put people out there with little or no experiance, because all it is is holding a steering wheel, right? You would know, you've been out there, right? or just out there trolling on the internet?

8. caribu

caribu Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Mannmk7 You sure know a lot about Prime. Do you drive for them? OH wait I see your just a wanna be. I really don't think you have the info to reply to most of these threads here.:biggrin_25512:

9. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Drive for them :biggrin_2551: I thought he was the CEO , sad part is he has likely never been in a CLASS 8 TRACTOR and if he has he was not driving.

10. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    It really doesn't take much to develop a basic picture. Anything I've discussed can be discovered by searching for information on Prime,talking with people, such as Prime drivers. I have talked with almost 40 drivers. The Prime driver I talked to yesterday said, 'for many of the guys this is the best job they every had. They've never had a good job. They don't know anything, so they rattle on.....'.

I have read the good, the bad and the ugly. The smart ##*, s** talkers, don't count. :biggrin_25517: (I can't speak to all the clowns), it's to much trouble.

You or me may not have to concern ourselves about driving or any other job for that matter. The stock market is "limit down" this morning before the market open's. We could have a market crash today or this month. It is October. Since I've gone this far, I'll say that the Dow Jones could drop to 4,000 over the next couple years, if not sooner. :biggrin_2551:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  11. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Thanks but I have a stock broker , been playing the market for years and have done quite well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.