Prime Trainers

Discussion in 'Prime' started by dbfswing, Feb 4, 2018.

1. RandomTruckerGuy

RandomTruckerGuy Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2018
    You mean this one?
    I was kinda wondering the same thing but I didn't want to be too critical when I haven't done it myself yet. However if I end up in tanker this would be less of an issue.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xray

xray Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Will they let me go out and view the truck like you say? From other posts on various topics, I’ve gathered that the trainer comes to pick you up from your home? Or I think the terminal? Is that when you would “get on the truck” and if there’s something about it that you know you won’t be able to tolerate for 30,000 miles you get back off and ask for a different trainer? That just seems like a lot of headache to put that trainer and the staff through. But I would rather not be with a trainer that has a smelly truck, brash attitude, negative mindset. I would just hate to give myself a poor reputation amongst the staff and become “that guy who complains, is picky and presumptuous”

I know some will say that one shouldn’t be picky at all coming in as a rookie/trainee. But LIVING on the road for 2-3 months with whoever the trainer is can be a lot mentally depending on if you “luck” out and get a good trainer or not. And I’ve heard some horror stories (trainer having women sit in their lap, trainer being 21 years old and #####ing 24/7)

4. trucker28truck

trucker28truck Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2016
    US mainland
    Ask Mr.Tassin in Z building on second floor. If you want confirmation ask him, can you go and inspect the truck before you jump in.Why not? Prime has standards(officially) they do randomly check trucks for cleanliness, so why you can not go see the truck before you accept the offer? Yes, they put it this way, you rookie and you need accept any offer, it is not what is in your interests, you paying for this program no matter what happens.You need stay 1 year with prime after that training, you will be hauling loads for silly money if you lease dont expect loads above 1,50$ per mile, you will make tons of money for brokers at Prime, for your income just minimum between 40-50 cents per mile.
    Dont be shy, your life, your journey, you already was accepted by Prime, so insist on meeting the trainer, checking the truck. Your TNT will not start unless your trainer calls to Prime and will give your name that he takes you, plus if trainer declines to Take you because you requested to check cleanliness of the truck go complain to mr. Tassin immediately, he will take care about that dirty smelly trainer.Stand your ground, you paying for it.

5. xray

xray Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Thank you! This is very helpful. I am looking forward to orientation in 2 weeks

6. trucker28truck

trucker28truck Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2016
    US mainland
    Also want to give you a tip, when you start on your own, lease, walk around at shippers talk to guys other drivers how much they are paid and how many miles they are going, thus you will understand faster what prime does to drivers. Prime ripping off drivers like mad man, you will work for free, if you will survive 1 year, run forest run from prime as far as possible.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.