Pritchett Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Trashtrucker1265, Jan 16, 2010.

1. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    I enjoy reading about Pritchett, they pay better than I thought they would. I live just outside Palatka, and they have a terminal here. Do you know their O/O program is ? Once, about a year ago, one of their drivers tried to interest me in leasing to them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    I'm not sure on the O/O's, we are all company drivers in Tallahassee. I know Palatka has kind of slowed down with the down housing market, most of the O/O's I know are local dump haulers that haul rock, sand and what not. I like Pritchett, I don't speak for everyone though it works good for me, I do put in a lot of hours, get up at ungodly times of night, but at the end of the day I feel like I've accomplished something and am out here working for not just myself, but Pritchett as well.

4. springbrake

springbrake Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2010

5. Trashtrucker1265

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    What do you mean springbrake?

6. Trashtrucker1265

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Well quickly, totals for my past week are as follows:

Trash loads/2=$100
    Bio-Solid loads/11=$715
    Revenue Bonus=$50

Total for the week=$865

Again, nothing too interesting to note, I'm kind of just doing this to keep up with my earnings for the year, but still think others might be interested to know.

Also as an add on, my first quarter earnings were $10,300 with a $500 safety bonus, so $10,800 for the start of the year, if I can keep this up I should have a good year and hopefully achieve my goal of becoming part of the top 10 club with Pritchett.

JohnBoy and jtrnr1951 Thank this.
  7. Trashtrucker1265

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Well more of the boring stuff, my week as follows:

Trash Loads/1=$50
    "Poo" Loads/11=$715
    Revenue Bonus=$50
    Total for the week=$815

First quarter safety bonus=$500

I wish I had more of the interesting stuff to post about, but my job is as cut and dry as they come, load at the same 2 places everyday and unload at the same place. Just a bit of interest today though, while driving down the HWY231 i hear a loud boom on my back window and sure enough my drive tires threw a rock right through it, this was not the first time. I pull a dump trailer 80 percent of the time and the box sits mostly behind my drives leaving them free to fling whatever they will, today it was a rock, thank god Mack had a back window in stock from the last time I was there, hopefully this time I'll get some fenders out of the whole deal, my heart can't take another scare like that.:biggrin_25521:

jtrnr1951 Thanks this.
  8. Trashtrucker1265

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Well got up at 2am this morning to go ahead and get a jump on everyone, first one to the landfill which doesn't open till 7 on saturdays, set up my bed, mind you I drive a day cab but with a little bit of an innovative spirit, a coleman cooler 3 pillows and blanket I quickly found myself resting like a baby again:biggrin_25518: Anyhow 7 rolls around, get in get my ticket roll down the horrendously maintained road, up the big hill and back on to the tipper, get my load tipped and I'm on my way back to Tally. Saturdays are typically slow but today was one of the worst I've seen in a while, I waited an hour and a half for another load which got loaded right at cut off time for going back, so I tarp it pull around the scale and low and behold 80,600 son of a biscuit, so all the while I could have been snuggled up nicely with the wifey but instead it was just me, the coleman, and the fresh night air of the landfill, what a Saturday, and only one load to boot...............

9. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

I was gonna join ya at Pritchett, but got side railed. Gonna retire now, but wish you continued success !!!!!

10. Trashtrucker1265

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Well what I like about Pritchett is that I feel I can controll my success, I know how much I'm going to make every week, or how little. I'm happy here and as long as they offer me a position I will continue to drive for them, as for you JT, enjoy your retirement and maybe find a place that lets you pull a load every now and then, even if it's only a couple times a month.

jtrnr1951 Thanks this.
  11. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Forced retirement, at 59. Routine blood test, turned up cooties in my blood.

Now I know why I am so tired all the time. However, I can still get a medical card.

But, anywho, I'll still follow your adventures, stinky as they may be !!!!!

Later Driver

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.