Private Training - Greenville, SC

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by insipidtoast, Feb 1, 2017.

1. insipidtoast

insipidtoast Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Are there any private CDL instructors in this area that are any good?

It would be nice getting more practice from someone that knows how to teach effectively.

Is it a common thing to take private lessons like it is for learning to drive a car?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fdv99

fdv99 Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Did you ever find anyone for this? I am in Fountain Inn and looking for the same thing. Also looking for a truck/trailer to rent for the CDL test. I have a parking lot to practice backing in, but looking for someone that can help with pre trip and has a truck that can be used for the test.

4. insipidtoast

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    No, I never got an offer. I know an owner op, but they currently aren't driving, so they don't have insurance for their trucks. Where is the parking lot where you could practice? Feel free to PM me.

5. fdv99

fdv99 Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Fountain Inn, just off 385. Not a huge parking lot but has a few docks and room to maneuver a truck.

6. fdv99

fdv99 Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2017
    i can not pm as i don't have enough posts yet

7. insipidtoast

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    I wonder how much it costs to rent a truck.

8. CSDixon

CSDixon Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Denver CO
    Already have your CDL and want more practice? Great! No CDL and looking to become a company driver? You'll still have to attend a CDL school/program that's certified by the company you want to drive for.

9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Check TDI they aren't the cheapest around here but some companies will reimburse. A hotel is included.

That is where I went.

10. fdv99

fdv99 Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2017
    I talked to TDI, but can't be away from work for 3 weeks to go through there program. I will not be driving for a trucking company, my family business is going to start hauling our own equipment so some of us need our CDL. We will be using a one tone dually and 40ft flatbed, but would rather go ahead and get the airbrake endorement and not have to take the test again if we got a different truck.

fargonaz Thanks this.
  11. CSDixon

CSDixon Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Denver CO
    If the business wants you to drive but you can't take time off for school; the business should hire the private instructor for all of you going for a CDL. Place an ad on one of those big job search sites or go with a temp agency. They'll find one for you. Need your CDL permit first.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.