Probably a stupid question....

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by skman, Feb 12, 2019.

1. skman

skman Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    I'm looking to mount something on the back of my w900 bunk to hang my air hoses/power line. Probably a bar or something because you could also use it to hold onto when working back there to steady yourself.
    Anyway, is there a trick to mounting something back there? What type of bolt/screws would I use so it stays put?
    Thanks

Captain Mudsocks Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's a very good question.

You would think KW would make allowances for such a installation at any time after they built your truck. You shouldnt have to rig something up there to hold up the usual airhoses and so forth.

skman Thanks this.
  4. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    There is bracing in the back wall you can bolt to the aluminum sheeting won’t hold much weight. If you want it to look factory go by your dealer check out the trucks on the lot for what you want get the last six of VIN and get the parts they will probably let you measure for placement. Or could get an engineering request just ask the parts department I do believe they are free.

x1Heavy and skman Thank this.
  5. The PHD in truckin!

The PHD in truckin! Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Texas
    You cats are making it sound too technical for the tin horn. Lololll. OK dude here's the proper procedure: you'll have to get up there on the top bunk and commence to dismantling the interior trim/padding from the back wall. You're gonna need to find the "studs" or the beefier spots in the sleeper construction. There's gonna be places that allow you to recess a nut in the stud or purlin. Those areas are ideal for mounting hardware on the outside. Just drill from the inside out! Use high quality stainless steel bolts with the nylock nuts inside so they don't rattle loose.

skman and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Yeah.... I'm not so sure that term is acceptable after 1964 @x1Heavy.

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Relax... Fixed.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. The PHD in truckin!

The PHD in truckin! Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Texas
    Yeah I caught that too but I was thinking hey maybe them cats know each other or something . Lololll. I wish I could get one of you cats to help me out with my brake measure in the morning. I've got an adjustable steel rod I can use to hold the pedal down, but dang it man who wants to crawl under and out that many times.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I am sorry that word was used badly, it was early and no coffee when I wrote that. Pretty bad form. I prostrate myself in abject apology.

10. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.